Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

VB6 license verifications doesn't detect our Enterprise license, only 1111111120

More
09 Sep 2024 12:03 #13158 by Nowok
FYI - My flow was like this:

1. OPC Studio 2024.1 without COM option installed. QuickOPC Proffesional license activated
2. Without uninstallation I started installer today and selected all components.
3. Activated new Enterprise license - it had showed under OPCStudio in licnese manager.
4. Even I uninstalled old Pro and new Enterprise licenses I could activate new one as OPCStudio only.
5. Clean installation (QuickOPC option without Excel) and activating Enterprise license only worked fine.

Thanks for fast responses.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2024 11:57 #13157 by support
Hello, and thank you.

One of the causes is when the user takes is certain specific sequence of steps in License manager, the OPC Studio can incorrectly appear. So you might have done accidentally. We are aware of it and it will be fixed in QuickOPC 2024.2.

To answer your question: Your license should appear under "QuickOPC" component, otherwise it won't be recognized in runtime. So the problem was mainly in the fact the "OPC Studio" was offered to you in the list of Component-s, instead of QuickOPC.

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nowok

More
09 Sep 2024 11:54 #13156 by Nowok
I've just uninstalled OPCStudio completely, restarted Windows, intalled again selecting "QuickOPC" only woth .NET and COM option. Restarted again, activated the license and now VB6 app doesn't show trial message anymore, client.LicenseInfo("Multipurpose.SerialNumber") returns my license, so clean install seems to fix the problem.

I'll try to deploy app on clean computer and give a feedback if everything is fine.

More
09 Sep 2024 11:53 #13155 by support
I have one more question: is the problem on a computer where QuickOPC has been installed using the Setup program, or is it a computer where you have transferred you program - and the License Manager - manually?

Thank you

More
09 Sep 2024 11:47 #13154 by support
Thank you for your answers.

How are you starting the License manager? From the Launcher application of QuickOPC, or otherwise (how?)?

Thank you

More
09 Sep 2024 11:30 #13153 by Nowok
1. As soon as I start simplest VB6 app (reading one tag from UA Server every 1 second) I get a notification "Quick OPC running on trial license..." (see attached screen).

2. OPC Labs OPC Studio 2024.1 (I selected all components in the installer).

3. License Manager with my licnese - in the attachement

4. The license shows under OPC Studio under "Component" in License Manager and registry key name.

5. OPCStudio and ExcelConnector (Esxcel has no license).

Why my license is detected as OPC Studio and not Quick OPC?

Invoice shoes: QuickOPC Enterprise, Single Developer EUR 3,132.81
+ Runtime Free License, With 1 Year
Upgrade Assurance

Does it matter if it is OPCStudio and not QuickOPC? What's the difference?
Attachments:

More
09 Sep 2024 11:10 #13152 by support
Hello.

1. Please post here the full text of the error message you get if you run your app for more than 30 minutes.

2. Which QuickOPC version & build are you using?

3. Please post here, or email to support09 (at) opclabs.com, the screenshot of the License Manager with your license.

4. Please explain what you mean by "...keep appearing under "OpcStudio". Are you referring to the "Component" shown in License Manager, or to the registry key name or both?

5. If you drop-down the Component box in License manager, what are the options it offers?

Regards

More
09 Sep 2024 11:01 #13151 by Nowok
I upgraded QuickOPC license to QuickOPC Enterprise, Single Developer + Runtime Free License to use COM UA client in some old VB6 application.

I activated new license succesfully but VB6 license verification code returns trial license 1111111120. I'm testing our application on my developer computer and I foumd new license is under HKLM\WOW6432Node\SOFTWARE\OpcStudio\Multipurpose and not HKLM\WOW6432Node\SOFTWARE\QuickOPC. Our previus license is located under QuickOPC registry hive. I tried to unistall all licenses and installed new one only but it keeps apearing under OpcStudio. License Manager shows Component OpcStudio.

Whats wrong?

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds