Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

× If you are developing in .NET, but are using the OPC-UA (OPC Unified Architecture), please post in the QuickOPC-UA category instead.

Returning null value and type in some cases

More
19 Dec 2019 06:58 #8097 by support
QuickOPC won't return values with Bad quality, with one exception and that is when the status field in the quality is OPC_QUALITY_LAST_KNOWN.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Dec 2019 10:47 #8094 by Mohammed
Hello,

Thank you very much for your answers and support.

So now QuickOPC wont return values of tags with Bad quality if they don't have a last known value?

More
18 Dec 2019 09:39 #8093 by support
Hello,
thank you for answers.

"Bad, device failure" in Matrikon Client is probably the same as "DeviceFailure LimitLow (13)" you are seeing through QuickOPC (LimitLow is a sub-status which Matrikon may not show).

For any "Bad" quality (with exception of Last Known Value status), in OPC "Classic", the OPC server is basically allowed to send garbage in the Value. The clients must generally not interpret the value in case of "Bad" quality, because the value is not guaranteed to mean anything. QuickOPC sets the value to 'null' with Bad qualities (except Last Known Value) to prevent the users from making the mistake of using it. If there is a problem but still a value, the server should use "Uncertain" quality.

Best regards

More
18 Dec 2019 09:20 #8092 by Mohammed
Hello,

1. I'm targeting OPC DA Server with "EasyDAClient".
2. I'm using ReadItem
3. I'm using Matirkon Client to get live data from OPC Servers it gives Tags and there values, qualities,...
4. For some tags it gives always DeviceFailure but for others, things are working good.
But for those failures in Quick OPC, in Matrikon i can see tag value and type and quality is "Bad, device failure" but for quick OPC it returns null for value and type and quality is "DeviceFailure LimitLow (13)".

So my question is : the function ReadXXXX return nulls in value,type in case quality is "DeviceFailure" or whats the issue ?

More
16 Dec 2019 17:53 #8085 by support
Hello.

By design, QuickOPC does not modify or create "own" quality values. If you have received 'DeviceFailure LimitLow (13)', then I am convinced that it must be the quality that came from the OPC server.

Questions:

1. Which target OPC server are you connecting to?
2. In QuickOPC, are you using ReadXXXX, or subscriptions?
3. When you say "when i check tags in Matrikon ", do you mean some Matrikon client, or what, and how precisely do that? (again, among other things, I am trying to figure out whether you are using subscription or reads, or perhaps looking at the values right on the server side).
4. Do you always get this quality form some tags, or are you saying that they generally work OK, but give this quality from time to time?

A bug in this respect in QuickOPC is quite unlikely. I have suggestions prepared that depend on your answer. If everything else, OPC Analyzer can be put between the client and the server, which would show what is actually happening between the two.

Regards

More
16 Dec 2019 16:25 #8084 by Mohammed
Hey,

I'm facing an issue while using Quick OPC DA (EasyDAClient), some tags return null values and type with quality as 'DeviceFailure LimitLow (13)'

Response : 12-BF-132-CV/GH2/OI.CV, NullValue ,DeviceFailure LimitLow (13) ,12/16/2019 4:41:57 PM, NullType

But when i check tags in Matrikon values are set not null.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds