Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

installation on windows 2012 server core

More
21 Jul 2020 13:12 #8674 by support
Hello,

this is no wonder because QuickOPC 5.40 is not supported on Windows 2012 Server Core. For the list of supported systems, see the User's Guide of that version, or kb.opclabs.com/Versions.

As the table shows, in fact, no QuickOPC version is supported on Windows 2012 Server Core.
QuickOPC versions 5.53 till current (5.58) are supported on on Windows Server 2016 (x64) Core.
QuickOPC versions 5.55 till current (5.58) are supported on on Windows Server 2019 (x64) Core.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jul 2020 12:30 #8673 by giles
Hi I am trying to install OPC Labs .net tools on windows 2012 server core. Ie windows without GUI.

I see the error that oledlg.dll is missing.

So it looks like it's requiring some gui library which isn't available on server core...

I'm using 5.40

```
QuickOPC-5.40.exe /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /NOCANCEL /TYPE=productionnet
```

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds