Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

TLS Encryption over opc lab client

More
13 Aug 2024 16:54 #13015 by support
I cannot answer your question because you are probably confusing something.

The only case when TLS is used with OPC UA is over HTTPS.
But KepServerEx, to my knowledge, does not support HTTPS.
So looking for it on the client side is consequently pointless.

Didn't you mean just "encryption"? because that *is* supported over opc.tcp, both by KepServerEX and QuickOPC. But it is not TLS encryption, in opc.tcp.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Aug 2024 15:24 #13014 by theder
Hello,
I am reaching out because I am a bit confused on some online documentation. I have been looking to enable a tls encryption using OPC labs with a Kepware Server. Right now this is my local server it is opc.tcp like normal, I assume you need to configure more on client side because you can have a tls connection over tcp correct me if I'm wrong.

Can you give me examples of how to enable tls on a client properly I have code similar to this and I test it on wireshark while trying to receive a tag and it either fails or just shows a generic tcp connection unecrypted. If there is documentation and or a sample project that I missed it would be great if you could just send that. I looked at some documentation like this

opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...rtificateAcceptancePolicy.html

but it hasn't been super helpful I changed the endpoint to be https but it just hangs on the client hello.

I attached my sample application below. Also you can ignore the user identity and just set it to anonymous.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds