Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

OPC UA Server Connection via self made client

More
08 Aug 2024 07:53 #13005 by support
Hello.

The OPC UA server does not trust the client. You need to explicitly tell the server to trust your client. How it is done, is server specific - consult the server documentation. Many servers will have some user interface to manage the trusted certificates. In such you will likely find your client's certificate under Rejected certificates, and need to perform some action to trust it.

It looks like you are using KepServerEX. In this case, switch to the Trusted Clients tab in the OPC UA Configuration manager, and handle it there.

Also, the server log should contain an explanation of why it does not accept the client certificate (but if you have not explicitly made it trusted, the reason is clear).

Unrelated to this problem: Looking at your code, you are setting the SecurityPolicyUriString and AllowedMessageSecurityModes. This is OK to do if you want to assure precisely these settings. But in this specific case, if you were not setting them, nothing would change - because the way you configured your server

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Aug 2024 20:41 #13002 by theder
Hello,

I am trying out a sample based on some of your example programs on your website. I am having trouble connecting to a OPC Server via your library I have configured it based off what I followed on your documentation.

I have listed my server information down below I also have kepware set up to allow annonymous connections.

I also attached my sample project and the error I receive on failed connection if you need to look at that as well.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds