Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

2022.2 - "Unable to find a version" Error

More
18 Dec 2022 13:32 #11350 by support
Hello,

I was now able to make it a true fix, one that will not require the user to do any additional steps. I.e., both "packages.config" and "PackageReference" format should now work.

The fix is in build 5.70.507.1, released today. I will email you with further information for its distribution.

Thank you for reporting the issue.
Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2022 14:50 #11345 by support
Hello.
Thank you for the additional info. I was able to reproduce the problem.

Here is how to resolve it:

1. Visual Studio: Tools -> Options -> NuGet Package Manager -> General: Set "Default package management format" from "Packages.config" to "PackageReference".
2. If your project already references some NuGet packages, right-click on the project's Reference node in the Solution Explorer, and select "Migrate packages.config to PackageReference".
3. Repeat the actions you wanted to do originally.

I will investigate further why this is happening. I am not sure if it will be possible to fix it; if not, we will instead document that the "PackageReference" format is a requirement (and improve the error message to hint properly).

Best regards

More
14 Dec 2022 13:06 #11342 by ZParham
Yes, I have an internet connection and am able to access nuget.org from a browser on my machine.

I had set up a separate file-based source just to double-check myself, as the error is occurring when not doing so as well.

Thank you very much!

More
14 Dec 2022 11:33 #11341 by support
Hello,
many thanks for the video.

Questions:

1) Did you have Internet connection with nuget.org accessible at the time of doing it?
2) Is there a reason you had set up a separate file-based NuGet package source? (It is not a problem but should not be necessary).

Regarding .NET 6.0 issue, that would be a separate issue, so if it still a problem please post it separately too.

Best regards

More
13 Dec 2022 21:17 #11338 by ZParham
Apologies for my lack of clarity.

Below is a link to a video with some examples of the behavior, and steps taken. I am sure we are simply missing a step. Please let me know if you have any further questions or if the video does not work!

softwaretoolbox.sharefile.com/d-s77ff78b15991483a8579435daea39d95

As for the .NET 6.0 warning, it was not with a Windows Form. However, I am not certain that it is connected, and am happy to loop back around to it once we solve the primary issue we are seeing here.

More
12 Dec 2022 15:20 #11323 by support
Hello.

It is not clear to me which action triggers the error: What do you mean precisely by "attempts to add any OPC Data Client feature to the form"? Please try to describe it in detail and step by step, it is important.

Also, it looks like you have not attached the screenshot with .NET 6.0 warning. But, we do not support Windows Forms controls/dialogs under .NET 6.0 yet. Only under .NET Framework.

Best regards

More
12 Dec 2022 14:38 #11322 by ZParham
Hello!

A customer of ours is using 2022.2 (5.70).

He is creating a Windows Form (.NET Framework 4.7.2) in Visual Studio 2022 Enterprise on Windows 11 Pro 22H2.

When he goes to create a new project, and attempts to add any OPC Data Client feature to the form, he receives the error shown in the attached screenshot "NET_Framework_Error," with the full details of the error given at the end of this post.

We were able to recreate this behavior on Windows 10, and with .NET Framework 4.8 and .NET Framework 4.8.1.

We also tried this with .NET 6.0. It does not see the same behavior. However, it gives us the warning in the attached screenshot "NET_6_0_Warnings." Is this expected, or is there something we are missing?

Thank you in advance!

Zachary Parham

Exception Details: Error installing package OpcLabs.QuickOpc version 5.70.481 from ""

Type: System.InvalidOperationException
Data:
HelpLink:
HResult: -2146233079 (0x80131509)
InnerException:
NuGet.Resolver.NuGetResolverConstraintException: Unable to find a version of 'OPCFoundation.NetStandard.Opc.Ua.Bindings.Https' that is compatible with 'OpcLabs.QuickOpc 5.70.481 constraint: OPCFoundation.NetStandard.Opc.Ua.Bindings.Https (= 1.5.371.3-beta)'.
at NuGet.Resolver.PackageResolver.Resolve(PackageResolverContext context, CancellationToken token)
at NuGet.PackageManagement.NuGetPackageManager.<PreviewInstallPackageAsync>d__76.MoveNext()
Data:
HelpLink:
HResult: -2146233088 (0x80131500)
InnerException:
Message: Unable to find a version of 'OPCFoundation.NetStandard.Opc.Ua.Bindings.Https' that is compatible with 'OpcLabs.QuickOpc 5.70.481 constraint: OPCFoundation.NetStandard.Opc.Ua.Bindings.Https (= 1.5.371.3-beta)'.
Source: NuGet.Resolver
StackTrace:
at NuGet.Resolver.PackageResolver.Resolve(PackageResolverContext context, CancellationToken token)
at NuGet.PackageManagement.NuGetPackageManager.<PreviewInstallPackageAsync>d__76.MoveNext()
TargetSite: System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[NuGet.Packaging.Core.PackageIdentity] Resolve(NuGet.Resolver.PackageResolverContext, System.Threading.CancellationToken)
DeclaringType: NuGet.Resolver.PackageResolver
Module: NuGet.Resolver.dll
Assembly: NuGet.Resolver, Version=6.4.0.111, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
CustomAttributes:
FullyQualifiedName: c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\2022\enterprise\common7\ide\commonextensions\microsoft\nuget\NuGet.Resolver.dll
MDStreamVersion: 131072
MetadataToken: 1
ModuleHandle: System.ModuleHandle
ModuleVersionId: 6ab8141a-fc40-4614-a231-2e4958d80a67
Name: NuGet.Resolver.dll
ScopeName: NuGet.Resolver.dll
Message: Unable to find a version of 'OPCFoundation.NetStandard.Opc.Ua.Bindings.Https' that is compatible with 'OpcLabs.QuickOpc 5.70.481 constraint: OPCFoundation.NetStandard.Opc.Ua.Bindings.Https (= 1.5.371.3-beta)'.
Source: NuGet.PackageManagement
StackTrace:
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at NuGet.PackageManagement.NuGetPackageManager.<PreviewInstallPackageAsync>d__75.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at NuGet.PackageManagement.NuGetPackageManager.<InstallPackageAsync>d__53.MoveNext()
at NuGet.PackageManagement.NuGetPackageManager.<InstallPackageAsync>d__52.MoveNext()
at NuGet.VisualStudio.Implementation.Extensibility.VsPackageInstaller.<InstallInternalCoreAsync>d__28.MoveNext()
at NuGet.VisualStudio.Implementation.Extensibility.VsPackageInstaller.<InstallInternalAsync>d__27.MoveNext()
at NuGet.VisualStudio.Implementation.Extensibility.VsPackageInstaller.<InstallInternalAsync>d__27.MoveNext()
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Threading.JoinableTask.CompleteOnCurrentThread()
at NuGet.VisualStudio.Implementation.Extensibility.VsPackageInstaller.InstallPackage(String source, Project project, String packageId, String version, Boolean ignoreDependencies)
at OpcLabs.BaseLib.Toolbox.CommonToolboxItem.<>c__DisplayClass7_0.<InstallPackages>g__WorkAction|0(IProgress`1 progress)
TargetSite: Void MoveNext()
DeclaringType: NuGet.PackageManagement.NuGetPackageManager+<PreviewInstallPackageAsync>d__76
Module: NuGet.PackageManagement.dll
Assembly: NuGet.PackageManagement, Version=6.4.0.111, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
CustomAttributes:
FullyQualifiedName: c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\2022\enterprise\common7\ide\commonextensions\microsoft\nuget\NuGet.PackageManagement.dll
MetadataToken: 1
ModuleHandle: System.ModuleHandle
ModuleVersionId: f00a820b-4105-4d7b-aaef-bca30d965019
Name: NuGet.PackageManagement.dll
ScopeName: NuGet.PackageManagement.dll
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds