Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

"Class not registered" exception while executing example project .NET Core

More
05 Feb 2021 14:32 #9400 by support
Great - thanks for letting me know.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2021 12:12 #9399 by Alexander Flekler
Thank you, the installation of the OPC Core Components Redistributable resolved the issue.

More
05 Feb 2021 10:37 #9397 by support
Hello,
thank you for your interest in our products.

Can you please install OPC Core Components - opcfoundation.org/developer-tools/samples-and-tools-classic/core-components/ (from the MSI) and check if that helps?

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexander Flekler

More
05 Feb 2021 09:17 #9396 by Alexander Flekler
Yesterday, I installed the QuickOPC 2020.3 and started paying with C# example projects. While the .NET examples from the solution QuickOpcCSharpExamples worked fine, I the example project MultiTargetDocExamples.csproj of the QuickOpcCSharpMultiTargetExamples generated "Class not registered" exception after it was executed.

Here is the complete exception text:
{OpcLabs.EasyOpc.Engine.NetApiException: An exception with error ID 'OpcLabs.EasyOpc.Engine.NetApiException' occurred during processing in a NET API OPC Data Access client. The inner exception contains details about the problem.
+ The client method called was 'ReadMultipleItems'. ---> OpcLabs.EasyOpc.Engine.NetApiException: An exception with error ID 'ErrorCode=0x80004005' occurred during processing in a NET API OPC Data Access client. The inner exception contains details about the problem. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException: CoCreateInstanceEx: Class not registered

at Opc.Server.Connect(URL url, ConnectData connectData)
   at Opc.Da.Server.Connect(URL url, ConnectData connectData)
   at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.Implementation.NetApi.DataAccess.NetApiOpcDaServer.ServerConnect(Server server, ConnectData connectData, Exception& exception)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.Implementation.NetApi.DataAccess.NetApiOpcDaServer.ConnectToServer(WebProxy proxy, Server server, NetworkCredential credentials, String connectionGroupName, EasyDAAdaptableParameters adaptableParameters)
   at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.Implementation.NetApi.DataAccess.NetApiOpcDaServer.Connect(Boolean doOnlyIfGoodStatus, Boolean callGetStatus, Exception& exception)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---}

I have also checked the Registry for CLSID {C8A12F17-1E03-401E-B53D-6C654DD576DA}, it looks as followed
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\OPCLabs.KitServer\CLSID
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WOW6432Node\CLSID\{C8A12F17-1E03-401E-B53D-6C654DD576DA}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\OPCLabs.KitServer
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\WOW6432Node\CLSID\{C8A12F17-1E03-401E-B53D-6C654DD576DA}
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Classes\CLSID\{C8A12F17-1E03-401E-B53D-6C654DD576DA}

Please advice me how to resolve the issue with .NET Core because I am going to develop in .NET Core and not .NET classic framework.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds