Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Browse Citect Plant SCADA doesn't show the items under the BrowseProvider folder

More
13 May 2024 16:03 #12783 by support
Hello.

1) Regarding the BC40056 warnings: Not sure. Would have to have the project. It could be that you have a separate project where you copied over the Import-s but have not actually referenced the NuGet packages.

2) Regarding the IntellISense warnings: You have not provided the actual warning text. Since the editor is showing them in gray, it might be that those Import-s can be simply removed, because they are not used in that particular file.

3) I am glad that LooseReferenceTypes worked for you.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2024 13:16 #12780 by micham
Hi,

We have implemented the new version and this property:

LooseReferenceTypes = True

And it works as expected!

Thank you.

Michael

More
10 May 2024 17:56 #12779 by micham
In addition the Imports lines of the OpcLabs modules are in warning....

Imports OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA
Imports OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.Extensions
Imports OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.OperationModel
Imports OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.AddressSpace.Standard
Imports OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.AddressSpace
Imports OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.Gds

Any idea why?

Thank you

Michael
Attachments:

More
10 May 2024 17:49 #12778 by micham
Hi,

Thank you!

I will try it. One question. I am getting these warnings. Do you know why?

Severity Code Description Project File Line Source Suppression State
Warning BC40056 Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.Forms.Application' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases. UCMECFG D:\MyBin\Proj-VS2017\UCME-OPC\Version 2024.0\UCME_CFG_NET\UCMECFG\UCMECFG\Form1.vb 10 IntelliSense Active
Warning BC40056 Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'OpcLabs.BaseLib.ComInterop' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases. UCMECFG D:\MyBin\Proj-VS2017\UCME-OPC\Version 2024.0\UCME_CFG_NET\UCMECFG\UCMECFG\Module1.vb 11 IntelliSense Active
Warning BC40056 Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases. UCMECFG D:\MyBin\Proj-VS2017\UCME-OPC\Version 2024.0\UCME_CFG_NET\UCMECFG\UCMECFG\Module1.vb 12 IntelliSense Active

Thank you.

Michael

More
07 May 2024 11:31 #12776 by support
Hello.

Please upgrade to version 5.80.191 or later - NuGet packages are now on www.nuget.org, and installation program (probably not necessary in your case right now, if you are referencing the packages from www.nuget.org), on our Downloads page.

The UADataDialog now has an addition LooseReferenceTypes property. It defaults to False, which is the old and correct behavior. You can set it to True before running the dialog. In this case, it will browse with "wider" parameters, in order to cope with non-compliant servers.

Note that I do not have the Citect Plant SCADA server, not any other similarly misbehaving server, available. I therefore could not actually test whether/how the LooseReferenceTypes = True. Let's cross our fingers that it will do what you want.

best regards

More
05 May 2024 08:31 #12759 by micham
Hi,

A special setting will be great. I will only use it with Citect UA server. When can I expect this to be implemented?

Thank you.

Michael

More
05 May 2024 07:59 #12758 by support
Hello.

To the first corrected link: The text under it says "The HasChild ReferenceType is an abstract ReferenceType; only subtypes of it can be used.". This proves my argument, and disproves theirs.

To the second corrected link: That is a long text, so not sure what they wanted to say by linking to it. It contains the above text, plus additional parts in support of my arguments, such as that HasComponent is the reference type used for DataVariables.

The fact that other clients show what you want has no significance. Those clients have a different purpose. They are designed to show everything. The browsing dialog you are using from QuickOPC to show *subset* of the address space. The subset is chosen as to show the nodes that can get you the actual data values. The fact that the server has chosen an incorrect (and, in fact, invalid) reference type breaks the OPC specification and therefore the QuickOPC cannot show the intended subset.

The problem with "showing everything" is that there can be millions of other references that you do not want to see. So if QuickOPC was to show everything, it would work in this case (with broken server), but will not work well in other cases, with servers that actually do work well. That is not something I can allow.

The solution would be to have a special setting that would allow you to specify that you explicitly want the broken behavior. Or, a new dialog for the same kind of browsing that other clients have. In both cases I would recommend against doing it, for the reason explained above.

Regards

More
05 May 2024 05:43 #12757 by micham
Hi,

1. The correct links are:

reference.opcfoundation.org/Core/Part3/v104/docs/7.5

qiyuqi.gitbooks.io/opc-ua/content/Part3/Chapter7.html

2. The customer tried two OPC Clients:
UA Expert - OPC UA Client
Softing OPC UA Client

Both clients are showing the Citect tree. See below a screen capture from Softing OPC UA Client.

So if two OPC Clients are showing the Citect tree with no problems, maybe there is something you can do to show it as well in your browser?

Thank you.

Michael
Attachments:

More
01 May 2024 15:15 #12751 by support
Hello.
There really is nothing I can add.

I have provided 3 working links that clearly show, in the OPC UA specifications, that what they are doing is wrong.
They have provided 1 link that does not work, and some opinion of their own which contradicts the OPC UA specifications.

Part of their provided answer is plain nonsense even in their own terms. For example, " However, it’s not a violation to have such a reference. The key point is that only subtypes of it can be used.". Having a reference *is* using it.

Regards

More
01 May 2024 13:45 #12750 by micham
Hi,

Please see Citect/Aveva support reply.

"Because "HasChild" is an abstract reference type, having such reference is a violation of the OPC UA specification."
According to the OPC UA specification, the “HasChild” is indeed an abstract. However, it’s not a violation to have such a reference. The key point is that only subtypes of it can be used.
See reference:
UA Part 3: Address Space Model - 7.5 HasChild ReferenceType (opcfoundation.org)
7 Standard ReferenceTypes · OPC UA (gitbooks.io) - reference.opcfoundation.org/Core/Part3/v104/docs/7.5https://...n.org/Core/Part3/v104/docs/7.5

For your info, we have conducted extensive testing with our OPCUA server even connected to our driver and the handshake process appears to be satisfactory. We have a wide installation based for our OPCUA server. Since you are the first customer to raise such a question, we would require a more substantial argument to proceed with further investigation on our part.

Did you conduct any test using the following citect.ini?

[IOServer]DisableConnectivityPropertiesAndExtensions = 1

This parameter is used to disable the properties and extensions in the OPC UA server or the AVEVA Industrial Graphics (AIG) if there is no plan to use them. The default value of this parameter is 0.

I am open for discussion but as I said since the uniqueness of the request, I am doubtful that this is something from our side.

Regards

Antonio Iacoviello | Technical Support Manager – EMEA
Customer Success Technical Support
AVEVA | A global industrial software leader

I appreciate your response.

Thank you.

Michael

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds