Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

FactoryTalk Linx Gateway 6.11 COM Errors

More
02 Sep 2020 16:24 #8830 by jessebrown
Hello,

First, you must set up the local FactoryTalk Directory.

Second, you must have a device with which to communicate with.

Lastly, set up the device as a shortcut in the FactoryTalk Linx Gateway administration tool.

There are very good help files installed with the FactoryTalk Linx Gateway and suite of tools. They are all installed with Start Menu shortcuts under Rockwell Software.

Both the FactoryTalk Gateway and RSOPC Gateway services are OPC DA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Sep 2020 16:17 #8829 by support
Hello,
this new linked has worked, thank you. But, after installing it, there is no OPC Data Access server on the machine.

Sorry, I do not know this software - is there something that needs to be enabled first? And, is it actually the right product? (it's not the "FactoryTalk Linx Gateway" you wrote about - it is just "FactoryTalk Linx".

Best regards

More
01 Sep 2020 19:41 #8819 by jessebrown
Hello,

First, log into your Rockwell account. Then, navigate to this download page:

compatibility.rockwellautomation.com/Pages/MultiProductFindD...,54784,54955,55588,55895,56347

Then, click Select Files. Find the checkbox under the Other section for FactoryTalk Linx 6.11.00 (CPR9 SR11). You'll see your Downloads cart with one item in it.

Click the Downloads cart and at the bottom of the modal popup window click Download Now.

Finally, accept the license agreement and then click Direct Download.

Whew, what a wild ride! Please let me know how you make out.

More
31 Aug 2020 18:24 #8815 by support
Hello,
thank you, I understand that the problem is only in the async & event-driven part now.

I did create an account with Rockwell. That does not give me the entitlement. Isn't the link you gave me for commercial version only? It does not say trial anywhere...

Best regards

More
31 Aug 2020 17:54 #8814 by jessebrown
There was an error with my upload, apparently. Let's try that again.
Attachments:

More
31 Aug 2020 17:52 #8813 by jessebrown
Hello,

6. Yes the demo application and also the example code work because they are using the synchronous call to read values instead of the asynchronous event-driven binding. The synchronous calls work just fine in all versions (ReadDataItem). However, the event-driven calls do not work in any of them (handling Client_ItemChanged with an event method). I have attached an example.

7. Knowing the above, there is no version of Windows 10 that this works on that we have tested: Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 LTSC.

8. You need an account with Rockwell to download the trial version without an entitlement. If you need help navigating the website, please send an email and I can assist.

More
29 Aug 2020 08:44 #8801 by support
Hello.

6. In the first post, you wrote that "This affects Quick OPC 5.3, 2017, and 2020....", but in your answer #2 below (about the demo app), you wrote "EasyOPC 2017 and 2020 both can browse and read normally.". Does that mean that QuickOPC 2020 demo app works fine, but attempting to do similar things with QuickOPC 2020 from your own application causes the error described?

7. When you wrote "this affects on Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 LTSC.", does that mean that it works fine on some other Windows versions (which?), or does that mean that Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 LTSC and the only ones you tested/have the information for?

8. I am unable to download the FactoryTalk Linx Gateway. Clicking on the "Download Software" link leads me to the "Welcome to Software Entitlement Check" page. where I cannot proceed further without entering the serial number and other matching information.

Best regards

More
25 Aug 2020 19:31 #8792 by jessebrown
Thank you for the reply!

1. EasyOPC 5.3 demo application crashes when trying to browse for servers on localhost. However it will read manually input addresses and browse tags.

2. EasyOPC 2017 and 2020 both can browse and read normally.

3a. Computer is 64bit Windows 10.
3b. Our application has the same results with either 32bit (x86) or 64bit (x64) build targets in Visual Studio 2019.

4. FT Linx Gateway is available with a 30 day trial from Rockwell. It can be downloaded here compatibility.rockwellautomation.com/Pages/MultiProductFindD...ode=3&refSoft=1&versions=54954

5. Our app is a .NET Framework 4.7.2 Console App.

I used an example project to read a tag value without issue in all versions of EasyOPC. However, subscribing to the ItemChanged event is what is generating the COM error.

More
25 Aug 2020 12:34 #8790 by admin
Hello,

I have some questions.

1. What is the behavior if you try to connect - on the same machine - to the same server from the EasyOPC-DA .NET demo app that comes with the QuickOPC product?
2. What is the behavior if you try to connect - on the same machine - to the same server from the EasyOPC-DA .NET demo app that comes with the *latest version* (as on our web site, now 2020.2) of QuickOPC?
3a. Is the computer running 32-bit or 64-bit Windows?
3b. If it is running 64-bit Windows, does your app run in 32-bit or 64-bit process? (you e.g. Task Manager to find out).
4. Re "I can supply reproducible code on request" - if needed, can you also supply a (trial version of) the OPC server?
5. What kind of app is your project? E.g. Windows Form, WPF, console, Web app, Web service, Windows service, ...

Thank you

More
24 Aug 2020 19:00 #8786 by jessebrown
Hello,

We have an implementation using the latest FactoryTalk Linx Gateway on a Windows 10 machine. When using clients like Matrikon OPC Explorer, RS Linx, and OPC Quick Client we have no trouble connecting, browsing, and pulling data via OPC DA on the local machine. However, when loading up software which was developed using QuickOPC we get a COM error. The HRESULT is 0x80040202 and the error code for the object is -2147220990.

Both the application as well as the FT Linx Gateway server run locally. We can successfully use QuickOPC in this implementation to connect to other OPC server vendors, like Matrikon and Kepware, on the local machine.

I can supply reproducible code on request. This affects Quick OPC 5.3, 2017, and 2020 on Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 LTSC.

Thanks!

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds