Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

FactoryTalk Linx Gateway 6.11 COM Errors

More
17 Sep 2020 17:08 - 17 Sep 2020 17:08 #8907 by support
Thank you for the update. It looks like I really need to continue trying to make the repro.
Last edit: 17 Sep 2020 17:08 by support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Sep 2020 16:46 #8906 by jessebrown
Hi!

Unfortunately, no combination of those static properties changes the outcome:
            EasyDAClient.SharedParameters.ClientParameters.UseCustomSecurity = true;
            EasyDAClient.SharedParameters.ClientParameters.TurnOffActivationSecurity = true;
            EasyDAClient.SharedParameters.ClientParameters.TurnOffCallSecurity = true;

These are set before the client is instantiated and I can confirm they are set correctly before subscription.

More
17 Sep 2020 13:11 #8905 by support
Hello,
since I do not have a software for the repro yet, below is a suggestion I had in mind since beginning, but thought that I would try it out myself:

Can you experiment with security settings inside QuickOPC, by extending the app (in source code), as described here? www.opclabs.com/forum/connections-reconnections-com-dcom/124...ng-to-remote-machines-via-code

Best regards
==================================

A copy of the most important of the above mentioned forum thread:

Can you please try to assign different combinations to following static properties - in the code, before the very first OPC operation is attempted:
EasyDAClient.ClientParameters.UseCustomSecurity 
EasyDAClient.ClientParameters.TurnOffActivationSecurity 
EasyDAClient.ClientParameters.TurnOffCallSecurity

[ADDED LATER: TurnOffCallSecurity only has any influence when UseCustomSecurity == true.]

More
03 Sep 2020 18:08 #8856 by support
Hello,

I appreciate your offer ! However, the whole thing is, I need to have a reproducible scenario on our computer and be able to troubleshoot/analyze it locally, with all tools such as source code debugging we have. So no, it's practically impossible that you could do it for us.

Thank you anyway

More
03 Sep 2020 16:04 #8853 by ZParham
Hello,

I have been working with Jesse as well.

If you are unable to receive an entitlement from Rockwell, I am willing to complete any testing and pass it on.

Best

More
03 Sep 2020 13:00 #8846 by support
Hello.

We are back where we were. I have stated already twice that the the Gateway is not in the download. I have even checked the custom installation options to make sure it was not deactivated by default - no such thing is there.

And, I cannot download using the alternative link you provided - I am not entitled to - see the images attached.

Regards
Attachments:

More
03 Sep 2020 12:24 #8843 by jessebrown
Hello,

That probably means either the FactoryTalk Gateway OPC component wasn't installed, or (more likely) the installer I linked was missing it.

compatibility.rockwellautomation.com/Pages/MultiProductFindD...ode=3&refSoft=1&versions=57679

I know, for sure, this download contains the OPC components which you should be able to install right over what you currently have working. My apologies if the earlier link didn't!

More
03 Sep 2020 06:32 #8837 by support
Hello,
thank you, I proceeded a bit further (see image). But in my console, the "OPC" icon is missig.

Regards
Attachments:

More
02 Sep 2020 17:23 #8832 by jessebrown
Hello,

The FactoryTalk Administration console is where you configure the application that will be bound to the OPC DA (and UA) server. There is a link in the toolbar of that application to the FactoryTalk Linx Gateway Configuration application.

The workflow is:
  1. Open the FactoryTalk Administration Console
  2. Right click Local and select New Application
  3. Create a shortcut to a device and name it]
  4. Open the FactoryTalk Linx Gateway Configuration application
  5. Select the scope to the named application created in the FactoryTalk Administration Console
  6. Apply and then OK

The OPC DA server (and UA) will now show the device(s) that were configured.

I've attached a screenshot as well.
Attachments:

More
02 Sep 2020 16:41 #8831 by support
I have run the "FactoryTalk Directory Configuration" and I think I have successfully configured the local directory.

But, I am still not sure that what you pointed me to is FactoryTalk Linx Gateway. It does not say so anywhere, as far as I can tell. Specifically, the Start menu has no "FactoryTalk Linx gateway administration tool" you mentioned. The closest name to it is "FactoryTalk Administration Console". Is that what you meant?

Also, re "you must have a device with which to communicate with" - I have no such devices. If it's not possible to reproduce the issue without a physical device, it is not reproducible by me at all. But I would expect at least the OPC server show up more or less empty, if there are no devices. But there is no OPC Classic server at all.

Regards

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds