Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

No dataset message received within message receive timeout period (3000millisec)

More
04 Sep 2024 18:13 #13116 by vinokarthik
Sorry image pointer was not correct for your third question. Please find the right image
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Sep 2024 18:12 #13115 by vinokarthik
Hello,

Thank you very mich for your prompt response. Please find my answers below :

1. Which version and build of QuickOPC are you using? (this is relevant because there was a related bug fixed).

2. Please start the OpcCmd utility (included with the product) and enter the following command:
uaSubscriber getService uaPubSubSniffer subscribeCapture opc.udp://239.0.0.1:4840 --ConnectionNetworkInterface "Ethernet 3"

This should capture all UA UADP communication (no filtering) on that interface&broadcast address.
What is the output please?

Question 3: In the Live Point Data (bottom part) of the Connectivity Explorer, please make the first column (Point) so wide that I can see the whole text, and post the image here again.

Please let me know if you need further info. Thank you once again.

Best Regards,
Vinoth
Attachments:

More
04 Sep 2024 17:41 #13114 by support
And one more question please:

Question 3: In the Live Point Data (bottom part) of the Connectivity Explorer, please make the first column (Point) so wide that I can see the whole text, and post the image here again.

Thank you, and best regards

More
04 Sep 2024 17:25 - 04 Sep 2024 17:26 #13113 by support
Hello,
thank you for your interest in our products!

This may take multiple rounds to resolve, but I am confident we can do it in the end.

Questions:

1. Which version and build of QuickOPC are you using? (this is relevant because there was a related bug fixed).

2. Please start the OpcCmd utility (included with the product) and enter the following command:
uaSubscriber getService uaPubSubSniffer subscribeCapture opc.udp://239.0.0.1:4840 --ConnectionNetworkInterface "Ethernet 3"

This should capture all UA UADP communication (no filtering) on that interface&broadcast address.
What is the output please?

Best regards
Last edit: 04 Sep 2024 17:26 by support.

More
04 Sep 2024 13:34 - 04 Sep 2024 15:31 #13112 by vinokarthik
My goal : To build a C# WPF application as HMI to communicate with TwinCAT runtime via OPC UA Pub/Sub on UDP

Problem :
I am using OPC UA (UDP) PubSub in Beckhoff TwinCAT and publishing OPC UA datasets from Twincat runtime. I do not have PLC but I am running the PLC project on my local PC on Ethernet interface; my C# WPF application will also run on same local PC. please refer beckhoffSettings screenshot

In TwinCAT, I can see the packets being sent through nSendCnt in Diagnosis tab

And I can able to capture the data packets in wireshark.

In the next step,
Before going into code implementation, I wanted to test the communication with twinCAT runtime, using your tools and demo application. So I tried as mentioned below :
I tried using Connectivity explorer and used the uabinary file to test the live point data, I can able to Test PubSub Connection successfully but I cannot able to get the live data and received the following error message "No dataset message received within message receive timeout period (3000 millisec)" for each point or field.

I even tried using EasyOpcUAPubSubDemo application, I got the same results, I can test connection but I am unable to subscribe to the datasets and same error message "No dataset message received within message receive timeout period (3000millisec)"

I tried different options check many things but nothing helped. I have very short time to build my C# WPF application. It would be nice, If I get your support to resolve this problem to proceed further.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards,
Vinoth
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Sep 2024 15:31 by vinokarthik.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds