Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

No dataset message received within message receive timeout period (3000millisec)

More
05 Sep 2024 14:15 #13139 by vinokarthik
Sorry I misunderstood your previous message. Now it's clear.

Yes I go for second PC. At the end, I will post my end results here.

Thank you once again.

Best Regards
Vinothkumar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Sep 2024 14:12 #13138 by support
Sorry, I do not understand the question.
I thought you were saying that your next step will be to place the publisher on a different machine from the subscriber, which seems like reasonable thing to do.

I am trying to find some tool that is not from us AND is not a network analyzer like WireShark (because that goes a different route to the network), and can either listen to specified UDP multicasts, or allows some easy UA PubSub subscriptions like OpcCmd. Because if such tool had worked, we have to diagnose our software deeper. But if it had not worked, then my knowledge - and my task - ends there - it would be something in your system that I am afraid we cannot help with.

Unfortunately the tools I have found so far were either 1) for Linux, or 2) needed to be built first (source code only) - which makes it less attractive.

Regards

More
05 Sep 2024 13:50 #13137 by vinokarthik
Yes I am happy to continue and troubleshoot the problem. But you can suggest, shall we continue to analyze the issue ?

More
05 Sep 2024 13:45 #13136 by support
Hello.

Please come back here later then wither way, we need to find a solution.

Best regards

More
05 Sep 2024 13:32 #13135 by vinokarthik
Yesterday itself, I tried the firewall.
I feel, no other options except going for another PC to host the publisher.

But I thank you very much for your prompt response and follow up.

Best Regards,
Vinoth

More
05 Sep 2024 13:23 #13134 by support
Hello.

I myself (always using the built-in Windows Firewall) have not seen issues with the firewall blocking the OPC UA PubSub. But, when Googling around, it seems that the Windows Firewall can be blocking the incoming UDP. And certainly other firewall products. So turning any firewall off just for the test would make sense.

Best regards

More
05 Sep 2024 13:15 #13133 by vinokarthik
Thank you for the info.
One final question, do I need to suspect the firewall or the port or any PC related settings to verify to capture the UDP message from the port ?
Or something blocking ?

Best Regards,
Vinoth

More
05 Sep 2024 13:05 #13132 by support
Hello,

yes, we have a demo publisher. But I do not put much hope into using it. Since you can capture the packets using WireShark, it is much more likely that the publishing side is OK.

In QuickOPC Launcher, you can either

1) Start Tools -> OPC UA Demo Publisher. This use the default (=some) network card.
2) Start Tools -> OPC UA Demo Publisher (Interactive Mode). Then you can enter e.g.
publish -cni "Ethernet 3"

The default multicast IP address and the port are the same as yours.

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: vinokarthik

More
05 Sep 2024 12:45 #13131 by vinokarthik
Hello,

I don't have any other OPC UA subscriber tool.
I tried by disabling the "Promiscous Mode" but problem remains same.
Does QuickOpc package includes any demo application to publish OPC UA Pub/sub in UDP, so that I can test it ?
Or any further suggestions?

Best Regards
Vinoth

More
05 Sep 2024 11:59 #13129 by support
Hello, and thank you.

Do you have any other OPC UA subscriber that you can use to check if the problem is confined only to our software, or is something more broad? Frankly, I think it si something outside of our software that we cannot influence.

Also, an idea: There are indications - even in Beckhoff documentation such as infosys.beckhoff.com/english.php?content=../content/1033/tf7...tc3_vision/6802889227.html&id= (although for a different product - not precisely what you are doing), - that the check you have enabled, "Promiscuous Mode (use with Wireshark only)" can indeed have bad consequences if it is used for other purposes. So while I understand it might have been needed to verify the functionality with Wireshark, I suggest that you now turn it off, and repeat the tests (various conbinations). Please only use OpcCmd, because as I wrote, the other approaches might have additional problems.

Best regards

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds