Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

VB.NET application crashes after upgrade to QuickOPC-UA

More
22 Nov 2019 07:29 #7990 by aethia
Dear support,
I monitored the free memory in the PC with Windows Performance Monitor, until the exception came up again, and I can confirm that there is no increase in the memory consumption, the free memory remained always aronud 50%.
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2019 14:41 #7988 by aethia
Dear support,
I'll provide here some additional information:

1) Not with the program in the"crashed" state (.NET uncaught exception): we had te possibility to remotely connect to the PC and check the system while our application is still running but is blocked on this exception, and the memory usage was at 50% more or less. We're now activating a continuous monitoring in order to better examine this aspect.

2-3) For sure, you should find the screenshot in attachment (sorry, it's in italian). The "crash" is a .NET uncaught exception

Thank you
Attachments:

More
21 Nov 2019 14:00 #7987 by support
Hello.

Can you please provide some additional information?

1. Have you actually observed increasing memory consumption of the process (such as by using Task Manager, or Process Monitor, or similar tools). I am asking because this error message can sometimes indicate a completely different altogether.

2. Can you post a screenshot of the error message? It is not quite clear to me whether this is a message coming from the Windows as such, or a .NET uncaught exception, or other type of error.

3. When you say that the application crashes - does it mean that there is exception handling in the program - but this error cannot be "caught"?

Note: Although it is kind of too late for this, I'd like you to be aware that your testing could have been done (and can be done, in future) for extended periods of time. All that's needed is to ask us - and we will supply an evaluation license without the 30-minute limitation, free of charge.

Best regards

More
21 Nov 2019 11:56 #7985 by aethia
Some years ago I developed for a customer a VB.NET application based on QuickOPC Classic 5.1 and using OPC-DA protocol.
Recently the customer needed to migrate to OPC-UA, so I obtained the trial version of QuickOPC-UA, did the porting e tested it (for periods of maximum 30 minutes, according to the limits of the trial): everything was fine and I purchased a Standard edition license e put the new version of the software in production.
Unfortunately the application now crashes every 1/2 days, the error message displayed is this: "Not enough memory available to complete this operation"
I carefully checked the code and I'm quite sure I didn't introduced memory leaks.
Do you have any suggestion?

Thanky you in advance

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds