Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

× The Connectivity Explorer application allows you to navigate through hierarchy of OPC Data Access and OPC Unified Architecture servers and data nodes. You can subscribe to data changes, and view the results live.

Selected data can be transferred to Excel, where it continues to stay subscribed, giving cell values that are dynamically updated with live OPC data.

Update to Version 2020.2

More
20 Feb 2024 17:43 #12568 by support
Replied by support on topic Update to Version 2020.2
Examples for OPC client and subscriber development in Python are now on GitHub: github.com/OPCLabs/Examples-QuickOPC-Python .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2023 13:33 #12395 by support
Note: QuickOPC now supports Python in much better way, cleaner syntax, and public packages (pypi.org/project/opclabs-quickopc/) on Python Package Index . See What's new in QuickOPC 2023.2 for more information. And, over 270 examples are available in the User's Guide!

More
16 Jun 2020 11:47 #8587 by Enrico
Replied by Enrico on topic Update to Version 2020.2
I have done the fix and it works now. Perfect!

More
13 Jun 2020 11:25 #8585 by support
Enrico,

I have found the problem. We are including (and also instructing the users to install if necessary) a wrong version of Visual C++ libraries. We will fix this in the upcoming version (2020.3). Until then, there is a simple workaround:

1. Visit support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads .
2. Scroll down to find the heading "Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019".
3. In that paragraph, if you are on 32-bit machine, download and install x86: vc_redist.x86.exe . If you are on a 64-bit machine, install the previous as well, and *also* download and install x64: vc_redist.x64.exe .

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: Enrico

More
03 Jun 2020 09:27 #8545 by Enrico
Hi,

I would have been really surprised, if export/import between VirtualBox and VM would have worked so easily. I'm already surprised that you have been able to start the machine. Maybe there is a way, but don't let's waist more time on this.

Way ahead:
* Workaround for me either - use a different machine or - using the old version 2018.3
* We have a cooperation with a company which is using VM. Maybe with there support, I'm able to reproduce the error with VM. Then I would let you know. But that will take for sure some more weeks.

Anyway, many thanks for taking the time and investigating.

Greetings from Bremen

More
30 May 2020 17:40 #8527 by support
Unfortunately no luck here.

Initially, VMWare refused to import the .OVA file, complaining about "unsupproted elements". I have upgraded to latest VMWare Workstation; that did not help.
I searched for help on Internet, and found that it is possible to treat the .OVA as .ZIP, and extract just the disk (.VMDK) from it. I did that, and attached the virtual disk to a fresh VM. After power up, it looked promising - showed Windows logo and animated "circling dots" . But that goes on for some time, and then hangs. I tried various tricks, also to boot into Safe Mode (could not...), but have not managed to make it work.

Regards

More
28 May 2020 18:04 #8521 by support
Thank you, I got the file. I am also interested whether we can make this work.

Please allow some time; I will reply here then.
Best regards

More
28 May 2020 10:03 #8518 by Enrico
Upload is finished. Would be really interresting to see, if the ova export/import via Virtual Box and VM really works.

More
26 May 2020 20:05 #8513 by support
Sent FTP info by email.

More
26 May 2020 11:58 #8511 by Enrico
let's give it a trial. If it doesn't work, then we need to find another way. Yes please, open an FTP server.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds