Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

OPC UA Client use server certificate in Ubuntu Docker container

More
05 Apr 2024 08:59 #12717 by support
Hello,
there are issues with OPC UA when the server is in the container. But, I am not aware of anything "special" when the part that is in the container is the client.

Applications based on QuickOPC, by default, create their own self-signed client certificate automatically, no coding needed.

Then, there is the issue of accepting the server certificate, if secure connection is to be used. Typically, what happens when you attempt to establish a secure connection from the client, is that the server certificate is rejected (not trusted), and its copy is placed, for convenience, into the folder (under the application directory) reserved for such certificates. If you then decide to trust the server, you can copy this certificate to the "trusted" certificate folder, and the connection will then work. This should be no different when done inside the container. Is this process what your question is about? If so, and it is not clear enough, let me know and I will provide further details. If your questions was about something else, please explain.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2024 05:22 #12716 by clyeo
Hi,

I have the following environment
1) OPC UA server requires OPC UA client to provide certificate during connection
2) OPC UA Client is a dotnet core container hosted in ubuntu

May I know how to connect to the OPC UA server with the cert in the above scenario ?
What format is the cert (Pfx, crt etc )
Which directory should I copy the cert in the ubuntu container
Which method to call from OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA to set the cert in the OPC UA Client.

Some code sample will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds