OPC Client Toolkit Made Right
QuickOPC can be characterized as an OPC toolkit. It has, however, some characteristics that make it different from other OPC SDKs on the market. Specifically, it does not expose the imprint of underlying OPC methods to its own API - it does not require you to deal with the low level stuff. And, it transforms the OPC communication into an API that appears to be connection-less; this allows your code be free of all setup, tear-down, and re-connection worries.
Download fully functional free trial.
Communication beyond limits
QuickOPC is a radically new approach to access OPC data. It is an ideal tool to publish OPC data on the web or integrate OPC connectivity to custom applications involved in industrial automation or process control.
QuickOPC gives unbelievably short code to create OPC clients. In addition, using complex heuristic algorithms to optimize itself on the fly, QuickOPC toolbox provides the most efficient, fastest access to the OPC data.
OPC Labs has successfully tested QuickOPC at OPC Foundation Interoperability Workshops against a large set of OPC Servers from various vendors.
QuickOPC has a modular architecture with clear separation of responsibilities.
The QuickOPC product allows development of clients for OPC protocols in various tools under Windows. It consists of three basic parts:
- QuickOPC.NET, for OPC "Classic" specifications (COM- and XML-based), and Microsoft .NET Framework technology
- QuickOPC-COM, for OPC "Classic" specifications, and use with Microsoft COM (OLE automation)
- QuickOPC-UA, for OPC Unified Architecture specifications (for use from within .NET or COM-based tools)
- Tested for compliance with OPC protocol standards, and for interoperability.
- Integration with Visual Studio 2012, 2013 and 2015 development environments.
- Internal messaging layer provides isolation between OPC communications and the custom client code, resulting in high resiliency.
- Automatically connects to and disconnects from OPC Servers.
- No limits to number of connections, subscriptions, or tags.
- Supports all flavors of OPC synchronous and asynchronous reads and writes internally, subscriptions, discovery, browsing, and property access.
- Wide range of developer productivity features: Intellisense, ReSharper annotations, Code Contracts, serialization support, and many more.
- Browsing Dialogs: Ready-made set of rich user interface (UI) components for browsing the OPC world.
OPC Foundation Certification
OPC Foundation Certified for Compliance logo indicates that this product has been tested by an independent certification lab and certified to be compliant with the following OPC Specifications:
- UA Generic Client
Additional information about compliance testing, logo program and a summary of test results can be found at www.opcfoundation.org for: QuickOPC 5.30 (new site).
OPC Foundation Certified for Compliance logo is a trademark of the OPC Foundation and may be used only by written permission of the OPC Foundation. Any unauthorized use of the Certified for Compliance logo is prohibited.
OPC Foundation Compliance Test
OPC Foundation Self-Tested for Compliance logo indicates that this product has been tested by the manufacturer to be compliant with the following OPC Specifications:
- Data Access 2.00
- Data Access 2.05a
- Data Access 3.00
Additional information about compliance testing, logo program and a summary of test results for QuickOPC Client can be found at www.opcfoundation.org.
OPC Foundation Self-Tested for Compliance logo is a trademark of the OPC Foundation and may be used only by written permission of the OPC Foundation. Any unauthorized use of the Self-Tested for Compliance logo is prohibited.
I came across QuickOPC.net when undertaking a c# project that needed to access data in a Siemens PLC using OPC. Having used the free trial version, it quickly became clear that QuickOPC.net would remove the need for an in-depth knowledge of OPC client to server protocols and would allow me to concentrate on the application itself. It is very robust, easy to integrate into a .net project and the response to my questions by email was excellent. I'd certain only recommend the product and the company.
Peter Thomas, Control Specialists Ltd