We know the developer's job inside out, and understand the importance of good tools and libraries. QuickOPC provides various developer "goodies", and integration with the development tools, to make your life easier.
- Intellisense and Object Browser: XML comments provide the developer with rich information about the elements in the assembly.
- Contextual help.
- ReSharper Annotations: API members are annotated using ReSharper, such as with the most common [CanBeNull] and [NotNull] attributes. ReSharper users benefit from the annotations, as possible improper usages are recognized and highlighted by ReSharper’s code inspection feature.
- Code Contracts: Coding assumptions are expressed using Microsoft Code Contracts. This results in higher consistency in error checking, and the contracts are also explicitly visible in the reference documentation, showing the developer clearly what are the expectations about method inputs and outputs, etc.
- VS Designer/Property grid awareness: Descriptions, type editors, CodeDOM serialization - all of this works as expected.
We make sure that we do not forget "the little things" that make programming easier, and allow classes to work well together:
- Code is built with highest warning level, and broadest FxCop (Code Analysis) rules.
- Binary and XML serialization is implemented for majority of objects.
- Equality methods and operators available wherever needed.
- Thorough argument checking is performed at the first opportunity.
- Easy exception handling: OPC operations return a single type of exception.