Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Deadlock involving UAClientEngineBase.Reconnector

More
27 Mar 2024 16:03 #12695 by sd
I'll try to test a more recent version.

As for the upgrade, these are the dependencies:
QuickOPC => OPCFoundation => Micrsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel => MS DI abstraction => Lamar 7.0

We use Lamar for DI, which is apparently picked up by MS DI abstraction. It demands Lamar >7.0, which no longer supports .Net framework. And upgrading to recent .Net has some other depedency issues.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Mar 2024 18:39 #12687 by support
Hello, and thank you.

The build number would be necessary if this was a fairly new version. But your version is 6 years old(kb.opclabs.com/Versions ). There could have been a bug, this area has certainly undergone changes, as I wrote.

My recommendation is to retest with newest version, and if tests are successful, upgrade.

I am not aware of a scenario where it would be essentially impossible to use the newer version. I would welcome if you can explain that.

Regards

More
26 Mar 2024 15:22 #12686 by sd
The DLL version is 5.54.1026.1. I hope that includes the build number you need.

This is an older version, but upgrading was terrible because of a whole lot of (for us incompatible) new dependencies such as Micrsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.

More
26 Mar 2024 14:41 #12685 by support
Hello.

This area has undergone some changes, multiple times. I need to know the full QuickOPC version, including build number, in order to be able to respond.

Best regards

More
26 Mar 2024 13:18 #12684 by sd
I have one particular customer where our OPC UA client consistenly runs into a deadlock. I've disabled all our calls to the OPC library, apart from setting up a connection. I've repeated the deadlock 6 times, and every time the UAClientEngineBase.Reconnector is involved. This is some mechanism of the library that automatically and periodically runs in the background (like every 5s).

I can provide more details such as thread stack traces if desired.

Is this is a known issue in some way?

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds