Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Fails to connect to OPC server when run as Windows Service

More
10 Dec 2021 10:39 #10465 by support
Thank you,

I am glad you made it working.

best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2021 10:23 #10464 by Tjall
Thank you!

The log helped me understand that the certificate store is stored differently when run as service:
Windows Service: C:\Windows\System32\OPC Foundation
Application: [Application Folder]\OPC Foundation

That helped med re-generate the certificates for the service as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: support

More
09 Dec 2021 12:14 #10458 by support
Hello.

Please add an event handler to static event EasyUAClient.LogEntry, and post here all generated messages.

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tjall

More
09 Dec 2021 09:21 #10449 by Tjall
My opc client connects to servers when run from command line, but fails to connect when run as Windows Service (Win10 operating system).

I am using OpcLabs.QuickOpc 5.54.1151 and the function SubscribeMultipleMonitoredItems to start subscription. There are no exceptions thrown and I cannot find any error messages. Connection status is stuck at Connecting. If run from command line connection status achieves Connected status.
Using event handlers to handle value changes and connection changes (DataChangeNotification and ServerConditionChanged).

History: This application has been running as service and connecting to other opc servers fine for a year. I missed the expiry date(one year) of the client certificate and after re-generating new certificate, I have not been able to connect to other opc servers when run as service. To re-generate new cert I deleted the old cert and private key from the "OPC Foundation\CertificateStores\MachineDefault" folder.

I have tried running the service as both "Local System Account" and local admin (same as when run from command line), with no success.

Any ideas why connection status never gets "Connected"?

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds