Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Dog slow, and timeouts.

More
28 May 2013 17:28 #1320 by support
Replied by support on topic Dog slow, and timeouts.
I think this has been now answered through Software Toolbox support.
The answer is that the OPC server is taking long time to read the Value property.

The proper way to do this is to use some of the ReadXXXX methods.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2013 16:37 #1317 by SirParadox
So I am writing a monitoring application to monitor a Kepware OPC server.
To test I am trying to fetch about 1500 records.

First I did this in a loop, for each, and noticed the speed was 200-900ms per. That's dog slow.

Second I read about GetMultiplePropertyValues.
Fetching all 1500 records will return in 10 seconds, with all values reported as "Timeout getting item property value. "

I continued to read samples and saw someone broke it into groups of 25. So I tried to do groups, and anything over 20 or so records returns a timeout for all values after the same 10 seconds.

I noticed the Timeouts() values are all set to 60 seconds, not 10.

1. Is this slowdown due to me being a Trial user?

2. Is this speed normal?

3. Why am I getting timeouts @ the 10s mark when the settings are all clearly 60s? Am I missing a timeout setting somewhere?

4. Why am I getting all timeouts for > 20 records?

Note: Comparing this to a few random, google searched, OPC Browsers; I was able to fetch results in < 20ms compared to the 200~900 using easyDAClient1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds