Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Managing shared connection to the OPC-DA Server

More
03 Apr 2024 12:27 #12713 by support
If simply opening a new connection to the server resolves the situation, you can switch to a new EasyDAClient with Isolated=True.

If, however, disconnecting all connections is needed so that the server process shut itself down and only then it comes up functioning well again, our only workaround is as I explained in my previous post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andriy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2024 10:11 #12710 by Andriy
Thank you for the prompt response.

My application communicates with an unstable OPC-DA Server. The only solution is to reopen communication with it when the OPC-DA server stops responding.

More
03 Apr 2024 09:54 #12709 by support
Hello,
there is no direct method to do this in QuickOPC.

The connection will be closed by QuickOPC after configurable time after all subscriptions are unsubscribed, and no more one-time operations (read/write/...) are being performed.

Why do you need that?

Best regards

More
03 Apr 2024 06:54 #12707 by Andriy
Hello,
In my application, multiple instances of the EasyDAClient class are created, each potentially can communicate with the same OPC-DA Server. In this scenario, the connection to the OPC-DA Server is shared (Isolated property set to false). Is there a straightforward method to close or reopen this shared connection to the OPC-DA server?

Thank you

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds