Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Using QuickOPC with Vee Pro (Keysight/Agilent/Hewlett-Packard)

More
19 Jan 2015 07:22 #2613 by support
OPC data come in in form of a triple - Value, Timestamp, and Quality (VTQ).

The ReadItemValue waits until the Quality becomes Good, and then only returns the Value. Therefore it can take long time, if the quality is not Good initially.

You can use ReadItem instead. This will return the whole VTQ object, as soon as it is received from the server - even if the quality is Bad.

If ReadItem takes long as well, then it is the OPC server that causes it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• veecan
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • A bad day when you do not learn something new
More
16 Jan 2015 09:56 - 16 Jan 2015 11:30 #2612 by veecan
I think it is all about understanding the method. And your manual.
Really needs some examples.
At the moment I have a problem that I can't figure out how to solve.
I am talking to National Instruments FieldPoint OPC server.
As long as it is about Digital In and out there is no problem.
But I also have temperature points. And if a thermocouple is broken (this can easily be the case) then ReadItemValue is hanging for a very long time, and holding my program. Ending up with an error.
If I am not able to change this I am afraid I can't use the QuickOPC.
Any ideas ?
Last edit: 16 Jan 2015 11:30 by veecan.

More
16 Jan 2015 08:48 #2611 by support
I am glad to hear this. Would you mind sharing what was the main obstacle and how it can be resolved?

• veecan
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • A bad day when you do not learn something new
More
15 Jan 2015 09:04 #2610 by veecan
Halo Again
I have a motto in my company. Never give up.
I can tell you that you can now announce that the com version can be run from Vee Pro.

Regards René

More
14 Jan 2015 16:31 #2607 by support
Unfortunately, we currently have no Vee Pro examples (and no customer has stated that he/she is using it, although it is possible).

I am quite willing to help you with this, as long as it will be within our capabilities. We are always interested in expanding the list of tools that are known to work with QuickOPC.

Can you please describe (and post code/project) what has you done so far (reading, writing)? And then, what is the nature of problem with browsing OPC servers and/or items?

I understand that there should be a free demo version of Vee Pro. I am not sure whether it's any good without having the hardware - do you know? If so, I should be able use it to try things on our side, too.

Best regards

More
14 Jan 2015 16:13 #2606 by support
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 10:13 AM
To: Zbynek Zahradnik
Subject: Re: OPC Labs Contact Form - License

Hallo Sir

I have now tried the basic functions as read and write to the OPC servers. It works fine for me.
I use the Vee Pro for programming. It is a Keysight (former Agilent ( former Hewlet-Packard)) product.
Do you by chance have any examples for Vee Pro or do you know of anybody using Vee with your Client software.

What I can't get working but really need is functions like Browse Servers and items.

I hope you can help me as I find your product will be the right choice for me.

regards R.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds