Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

BadNotConnected when trying to subscribe/write

More
31 May 2024 14:06 #12830 by CFrayneIonic
Yes, Thank you very much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2024 13:38 #12829 by support
Thanks. Is it my correct understanding that we can close this issue as resolved now?

Note: Feel free to open separate issues if you run into some other problem. We are here to help.

Regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: CFrayneIonic

More
31 May 2024 13:35 #12828 by CFrayneIonic
Oh I'm sorry, I'm using different endpoints in the other projects. The one I'm using in this project is the issue, very sorry.
Thank you
Attachments:

More
31 May 2024 13:33 #12827 by support
Hello,

in question 2, what I have meant is whether you have a totally different *software* - a test OPC UA client, perhaps from different vendor, or in absence of that, at least our ConnectivityExplorer (a utility included with QuickOPC), and whether that software can connect to and work with "opc.tcp://192.168.1.100:40853/Pilz/PSS4000OPCServerUA".

Regards

More
31 May 2024 13:05 #12825 by CFrayneIonic
1. Sorry for the confusion, no other operations are successful, but it only seems to be that specific project as I can run the examples found in the user guide fine both in the same solution and other solutions. Perhaps it's something in the vbproj.
2. I have 2 clients in that project and neither work.
Thank you.

More
31 May 2024 12:35 #12823 by support
Hello.

I have some additional questions please:

1. You described the behavior with QuickOPC when subscribing or writing. Does it mean that a) other operations (e.g. reading) with QuickOPC are successful, or b) you cannot achieve anything succesfuly with that server from QuickOPC at all?

2. Can you connect and work with the server using some other OPC UA client (if you have tried that; and if not - can you try?)

Best regards

More
31 May 2024 12:04 #12822 by CFrayneIonic
Hello,
The project is meant to subscribe to and write to nodes, However, Subscribing throws "OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.UAEngineBase Error: 0 : UAClientSubscription failed at tick 665125343 and will retry in 3000 ms" and writing throws "Exception thrown: 'OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.OperationModel.UAException' in OpcLabs.EasyOpcUA.dll
An OPC-UA operation failure with error ID 'OpcLabs.UAEngine=1' occurred, originating from 'Opc.Ua.Core' and with depth of 2. The inner exception, of type "OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.Engine.UAEngineException", contains details about the problem". I have OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.OperationModel.UAException to break when thrown and its gives me these inner exceptions below.

Visual Studio Version: 17.10.0
.net Framework Installed: net8.0
Target Framework: net8.0
NuGet Package: OPCLabs.QuickOpc v5.80.192
OPC version: 2024.1
Evaluation license for QuickOPC Ultimate
The program is made on Visual Studio in a Windows Forms App
OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.OperationModel.UAException
  HResult=0x80131600
  Message=An OPC-UA operation failure with error ID 'OpcLabs.UAEngine=1' occurred, originating from 'Opc.Ua.Core' and with depth of 2. The inner exception, of type "OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.Engine.UAEngineException", contains details about the problem.
  Source=OpcLabs.EasyOpcUA
  StackTrace:
   at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.OperationModel.UAException.CheckSuccess(Exception exception)
   at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.OperationModel.UAException.CheckSuccess(OperationResult operationResult)
   at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.IEasyUAClientExtension.WriteValue(IEasyUAClient client, UAWriteValueArguments writeValueArguments)
   at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.IEasyUAClientExtension.WriteValue(IEasyUAClient client, UAEndpointDescriptor endpointDescriptor, UANodeDescriptor nodeDescriptor, Object value, Type valueType)
   at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.IEasyUAClientExtension.WriteValue(IEasyUAClient client, UAEndpointDescriptor endpointDescriptor, UANodeDescriptor nodeDescriptor, Object value)
   at SB.OPCClient.WriteOPCUA1(Boolean[] writeArray) in C:\Users\Connor.Frayne\Documents\SafeBoxHMI\SafeBox_Components\SB.vb:line 1980

Inner Exception 1:
UAEngineException: UA SDK error (Opc.UA.ServiceResult=0x808A0000) in 'DiscoveryClient.GetEndpoints'. OPC UA service result - Error establishing a connection: BadNotConnected.
+ The error occurred when preselecting an endpoint for discovery URL "opc.tcp://192.168.1.100:40853/Pilz/PSS4000OPCServerUA".
+ Connection attempt #1; last connected at 0001-01-01 12:00:00 AM (local); unconnected for 00:00:00.0470000.
+ Some possible causes of this error are that the OPC-UA server is not running, or is not configured to listen on the specified port. Also, the network connection may be broken (cable unplugged?).
+ The client method called (or event/callback invoked) was 'DataChangeNotification'.

Inner Exception 2:
UAServiceException: OPC UA service result - Error establishing a connection: BadNotConnected.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds