Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Writing Boolean value results in ArgumentNullException

More
24 Jul 2024 09:35 #12973 by Andriy
Hello,
Sorry for the delayed response. I tested the 'browse' and 'write' operations with the new QuickOpc library. Everything is working fine now.
Thank you
The following user(s) said Thank You: support

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2024 07:05 #12963 by support
Hello.
thank you.

Please rebuild your application with QuickOPC 5.80.293, which is now on our Web site and on www.nuget.org . It has the same fix that has been made to the OpcCmd utility you tested with.

Note that there is no guarantee that this will fully resolve your original problem with writing the Boolean value, but the expectation is that at least the ArgumentNullException should go away, and we will make a step forward.

I cannot fully stress out how helpful it was that you have provided the assistance needed to pinpoint the bug. I really appreciate it. Thank you once again.

Best regards

More
17 Jul 2024 10:23 #12961 by Andriy
Hello,
I tested the new version of the OpcCmd utility, and the browse operation was successful. The "read" and "write" commands are also working properly.
Thank you for your help

More
16 Jul 2024 16:28 #12958 by support
Hello,
thank you for the trace file (received by email). It was really helpful.

I think I have found a bug in QuickOPC that causes the problem. I am not 100% sure, but the likeliness is very high. And I have prepared a new build of OpcCmd with the bug fix.

Can you please download the new version (same location), and repeat the test? For verification, the OpcCmd version should now be 5.81.0.31 or later.

The idea is that if we can make the browsing and writing work with the OpcCmd test, we will then publish a new build of the QuickOPC, with the final verified fix.

Best regards

More
16 Jul 2024 12:18 #12955 by support
Thank you, the browse operation failing should do. Please send the file.

More
16 Jul 2024 12:14 #12954 by Andriy
Hello,
I followed your instructions, and the write operation did not fail, but the browse operation did
I got a 'traceoutput' file. I can send it to your email if you need it
Attachments:

More
15 Jul 2024 05:22 #12942 by support
Hello,
here are the instructions for troubleshooting with OpcCmd:

1. Determine what your endpoint URL is. In my example below, I will use "opc.tcp://opcua.demo-this.com:51210/UA/SampleServer", but you need to replace it with your own.
2. Determine what the node Id we want to test is. In my example below, I will use "nsu=http://test.org/UA/Data/;i=10216", but you need to replace it with your own.
3. Download OpcCmd utility from www.opclabs.com/files/downloads/OpcCmd/OpcCmd-Windows.zip .
4. Unpack it into directory of your choice.
5. From command line, go to the directory where OpcCmd is installed, and enter (for interactive mode)
OpcCmd -i
6. Verify that the OpcCmd version displayed on the screen is 5.81.0.29 or later.
7. Go through initial setup. Select "Interoperability" when asked for standard initial configuration.
8. Enter command
!diagnostics sources setSwitchValue Verbose --multiple --match OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.*
9. Verify that in the command output, 21 or more source switches has been set to Verbose.
10. Enter command:
uaClient
11. Enter command below (replacing the endpoint URL and node ID with your own):
write opc.tcp://opcua.demo-this.com:51210/UA/SampleServer nsu=http://test.org/UA/Data/;i=10216 [Boolean]True
12. Verify that the commands reports the error you were getting (ArgumentNullException).
13. Enter command:
traceEntries? replayTo DelimitedList
14. Verify that the command reports a success.
15. Enter command:
quit
16. In the directory where OpcCmd.exe is, locate the file TraceOutput-DelimitedList.csv .
17. Post the file here on the forums, or, if you want to keep it confidential (contains things like computer names, endpoint URLs, node Ids etc.), email it to support09 (at) opclabs.com.

Note: There may be additional steps needed if the server enforces a secure connection.

More
11 Jul 2024 08:45 #12938 by Andriy
Sure, let's do it this way

More
11 Jul 2024 08:01 #12937 by support
Hello,

while I was working on adding the instrumentation for troubleshooting this issue, i have realized that there might be an easier way. We have an OpcCmd utility which allows you to perform various OPC-related operations from command line, and it is of course built on top of QuickOPC. The nice thing about it in this case is that it already has built-in capabilities for configuring the tracing and capturing the output into a file.

So, the idea is that I will give you an up-to-date build of OpcCmd, with the added instrumentation (tracing) for your issue. And step-by-step instructions on what to do: basically, to invoke the failing Write , for which you just need to server's URL, and the node Id of the "problematic" node. And you will run it, and the tool will generate a file with the diagnostics information. The advantage is that you do not have to re-build your application, and modify it to enable the tracing etc.

Let me know if I can proceed in this way.

Regards

More
10 Jul 2024 06:54 #12932 by support
Thank you. Will do that. Please allow some time. I will post here when it is ready.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds