Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

StructuredData cannot be stored in a Variant object

More
01 Nov 2023 13:05 #12329 by support
Hello.

Please have a look here: opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...0Complex%20Data%20writing.html .

I think that instead of writing the StructuredData directly, the code should create a UAGenericObject with its GenericData set to what you are writing now; and then use this UAGenericObject as a value for writing.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2023 20:24 #12328 by ZParham
Hello!

I have a case that seems like it may be related to this post: opclabs.com/forum/quickopc-ua18/3267-easyuaclient-write-uarange-and-uaeuinformation

We have a customer who is attempting to use complex data within method calls, and is receiving the following error:
https://ibb.co/LNtYbKG

Attached is the code snippet of what is being done. The only thing that sticks out to me is that he is specifying the typecodes as something other than typecode.empty. Would those cause this error, or have I missed something simple here?

Thank you in advance!
Zach
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds