Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Error on write

More
25 May 2023 06:40 #11759 by Scattolaro
Replied by Scattolaro on topic Error on write
Hello,
I answer youor question below:
  1. It happen only with some OPC-UA server.
  2. I use the last QuickOPC version(2022.2)
  3. I connecting to an OPC server of MEP machine supplier(mepsaws.it/it)
  4. Yes it happens also with any other OPC server but now I don't remember the name
  5. When I try to browse the variable in the OPC-UA server(eg. with browse dialog box) it doesn't work and there is a similar exception.
  6. No, the problem is always when I write. it doesn't matter if I read or not. I just wanted to point out that reading works

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2023 16:22 #11758 by support
Replied by support on topic Error on write
Hello,

I have some questions:

1. Does this happen always, or just sometimes?
2. Which QuickOPC version are you using?
3. What OPC server are you connecting to?
4. Does it happen with any other OPC server?
5. I do not know what it means that you "cannot browse". Are you getting any error, or what are the symptoms?
6. Do I understand it correctly that the problem only appears after you do the Read? Or is it independent from that?

Regards

More
24 May 2023 13:32 - 24 May 2023 13:33 #11755 by Scattolaro
Error on write was created by Scattolaro
Hi,
with an OPC-UA server with anonymous access, after having read correctly we cannot browse but above all, as can be seen from the image attach, we cannot write.

I also include the exception below:

Exception: OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.OperationModel.UAException: An OPC-UA operation failure with error ID 'OpcLabs.UAEngine=4519' occurred, originating from '' and with depth of 1. The inner exception, of type "OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.Engine.UAEngineException", contains details about the problem. ---> OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.Engine.UAEngineException: Cannot perform conversion because the session is not connected.+ The client method called (or event/callback invoked) was 'WriteMultiple[1]'. --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.IEasyUAClientExtension.WriteValue(IEasyUAClient client, UAWriteValueArguments writeValueArguments) at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.IEasyUAClientExtension.WriteValue(IEasyUAClient client, UAEndpointDescriptor endpointDescriptor, UANodeDescriptor nodeDescriptor, Object value, Type valueType) at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.IEasyUAClientExtension.WriteValue(IEasyUAClient client, UAEndpointDescriptor endpointDescriptor, UANodeDescriptor nodeDescriptor, Object value) at Qualitas.DeviceApp.DataAccess.OPCserverCH.Write(String nName, Object value)(An OPC-UA operation failure with error ID 'OpcLabs.UAEngine=4519' occurred, originating from '' and with depth of 1. The inner exception, of type "OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.Engine.UAEngineException", contains details about the problem.) Trace: at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.IEasyUAClientExtension.WriteValue(IEasyUAClient client, UAWriteValueArguments writeValueArguments) at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.IEasyUAClientExtension.WriteValue(IEasyUAClient client, UAEndpointDescriptor endpointDescriptor, UANodeDescriptor nodeDescriptor, Object value, Type valueType) at OpcLabs.EasyOpc.UA.IEasyUAClientExtension.WriteValue(IEasyUAClient client, UAEndpointDescriptor endpointDescriptor, UANodeDescriptor nodeDescriptor, Object value) at Qualitas.DeviceApp.DataAccess.OPCserverCH.Write(String nName, Object value);

Can you help me? When writing, the OPCLabs OPC-UA client libraries try to browse? Could it be bypassed?
We also tried with UAExpert and everything works fine.
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 May 2023 13:33 by Scattolaro.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds