Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Slow reading, how can i speed up?

More
28 Feb 2021 20:20 #9476 by support
Thank you for the additional information.
Most likely it is the server side that takes most of the time. In such case there hardly is any help on the client side.

Note, however, that if you are repeatedly reading the same nodes, that is not the recommended approach. You should be using subscriptions in such cases. Doing so may also resolve the speed problem, especially if only part of the items are actually changing.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2021 19:24 #9475 by martinx1
Hi, it is permanent slow. I read from my program as task (every 1000 ms ) the ~300 Nodes. before and after it stop the time with a stopwatch. and it is over the whole time "slow".
when i log the time it always the same.

More
28 Feb 2021 19:07 #9474 by support
Hello,

is this the first OPC operation made to the target server - and, how long does it take if you repeat the same operation immediately or after a short delay?

If the first read is slow but subsequent reads are much faster, the reason will be in the setup tasks on the client and possibly on server side - such as creating the connection to the server. There are some hints I can provide in that case, but first it is necessary to know whether you always get the same delay, or just the first time (when the server is not yet connected).

Best regards

More
25 Feb 2021 19:21 #9473 by martinx1
Hi, i read with readmultipleValues ~300 Nodes
Dim args(300) As UAReadArguments
Dim valueResultArray() As ValueResult = _easyUAClient.ReadMultipleValues(args)

but this takes ~3 seconds. Can i make it faster?
I have it all in a own task in my program, but when i debug the read line , or start,stop a stopwatch always i have an approximate duration of 3 seconds.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds