Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

HResult: -2147024894 (0x80070002)Could not load file or assembly OpcLabs.EasyOpc

More
22 Jun 2024 09:05 #12883 by support
Hello.

I think I found the problem. It is due to an undocumented quirk in Visual Studio designer (for record: it only loads project-specific assemblies from the main thread).
I made a workaround that should fix it. It is in version 5.80.255 and newer. This is now on our company Web site, and on NuGet; and I will send you a link for the branded installer.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jun 2024 13:45 #12879 by support
Hello.

please bear with, I need to test on more computers.

Regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: jgonzalez

More
18 Jun 2024 13:01 #12877 by jgonzalez
Hello OPC Labs team,

This same customer reached out again and shared a few more details when they encounter this issue. I wanted to share this with you to see if this may offer any more insight of what could be happening. The customer mentioned that this behavior is VERY inconsistent, even when trying the work around.

Please see the attached document below:

File Attachment:

File Name: Errorsdocuments.docx
File Size:333 KB
Attachments:

More
22 May 2024 12:11 #12807 by rroyse
Understood! Thank you very much for the assistance!

More
22 May 2024 11:32 #12806 by support
Hello.

I will try to . However, since it does not quite depend on what *we* do, but rather on what Visual Studio internally does, it might be impossible to resolve.

Best regards

More
20 May 2024 15:57 #12805 by rroyse
For now, yes, it seems appropriate to leave it alone. But is this something that could be addressed more completely in a future release?

More
18 May 2024 09:14 #12803 by support
Hello.
Given that there is this workaround, which is not that bad, and that finding the real cause would be really difficult, can we agree to leaving it is as it is for now?>

Regards

More
17 May 2024 21:01 #12802 by rroyse
Interesting, both the customer and I do experience the exact same behavior that you have described.

More
16 May 2024 12:08 #12794 by support
Thank you.

I was finally able to reproduce the issue, on a different computer (with the precise Visual Studio version). But, it behaves weirdly. I only get the problem sometimes. There are limited ways to debug this inside Visual Studio; so far I could not make sense of it.

However, what I noticed is that this only ever happens to me on a new project, where the QuickOPC packages have just been introduced. I can "resolve" the issue by closing the Visual Studio, starting it again, and reopening the solution. It always worked for me then.

Can you/your customer try this too?

Regards

More
15 May 2024 13:06 #12788 by rroyse
Thank you for your prompt response! The customer has checked and confirmed the versions match, 5.80.75/5.80.75.1, in all noted locations.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds