Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Missing DLLs in the Release version of our product

More
29 Aug 2024 05:56 #13069 by support
Hello.

I do not know what is the reason is. It is not related to our product. Look into your project settings and Visual Studio settings. Also, check that the output folder you are taking files from is actually the folder where the project is configured to place its output.

Note: Although it was not necessary, I have verified that with the given Quick version, and new VS install and new VB.NET project targeting .NET Framework, the output folder contains a copy of the QuickOPC including those that you have listed.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2024 08:10 #13067 by micham
Hi,

Thank you for your answer. I did a "Clean" on the DEBUG configuration and now these DLLs are not shown in the DEBUG folder.
The Build succeeds but when I run the project in DEBUG I get this exception:

System.TypeInitializationException
HResult=0x80131534
Message=The type initializer for 'UCMECFG.OPC_UA' threw an exception.
Source=UCMECFG
StackTrace:
at UCMECFG.Module1.Load_OPCUA_Servers() in D:\MyBin\Proj-VS2017\UCME-OPC\Version 2024.0\UCME_CFG_NET\UCMECFG\UCMECFG\Module1.vb:line 7497
at UCMECFG.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\MyBin\Proj-VS2017\UCME-OPC\Version 2024.0\UCME_CFG_NET\UCMECFG\UCMECFG\Form1.vb:line 157
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Inner Exception 1:
FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Opc.Ua.Core, Version=1.4.372.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=bfa7a73c5cf4b6e8' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Any idea what am I doing wrong? The NuGet version is 5.80.192.

Thank you.

Michael
Attachments:

More
28 Aug 2024 05:51 #13066 by support
Hello.

Yes, you need to include the .DLL files You do not need the second half (.XML files).
I do not know why they are missing in your Release folder.

Regards

More
27 Aug 2024 18:30 #13065 by micham
Hi,

When I try to create the EXE file using InstallShield, I get the following errors:

I noticed that these DLLs exists in the DEBUG folder of my .Net project but not in the RELEASE folder of my .Net project.

For example:

Opc.Ua.Core.dll exists in

D:\MyBin\Proj-VS2017\UCME-OPC\Version 2024.0\UCME_CFG_NET\UCMECFG\UCMECFG\bin\x86\Debug

But not in:
D:\MyBin\Proj-VS2017\UCME-OPC\Version 2024.0\UCME_CFG_NET\UCMECFG\UCMECFG\bin\x86\Release

Do I need to include these DLLs in my InstallShield project?

Your help is mostly appreciated.

Michael
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds