Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Client certificate installation issue

More
30 Oct 2019 15:05 #7900 by support
Great - thanks for update.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2019 14:56 #7899 by janderscu
That was the trick. Everything looking good now. Thanks so much for the help!
The following user(s) said Thank You: support

More
30 Oct 2019 14:02 #7898 by janderscu
FYI, I am using the Classic DA libraries in the tool also. I will clean out the XML files. Thanks for the tip.

More
30 Oct 2019 13:49 - 30 Oct 2019 15:05 #7897 by support
Now, with the "boxing" disabled, you need to copy the OPC UA Certificate Generator to the right place during your installation.

To do so, locate the QuickOPC installation folder on your development computer. Under this folder, locate Bonus\Opc.Ua.ConfigurationTool\Opc.Ua.CertificateGenerator.exe . Change your installer to place this file alongside your own program's executable before you make the installation action from inside your program.

I hope this helps
Best regards
Last edit: 30 Oct 2019 15:05 by support.

More
30 Oct 2019 13:23 #7896 by admin
Hello.

If you are only using OPC UA and not OPC Classic, you can completely leave out App_Web_* files, and OpcLabs.EasyOpcClass.* files.
And, you never need the XML files you listed - they are just for development (XML documentation).

I will reply to the actual issue (error) separately, later.

More
30 Oct 2019 12:59 #7895 by janderscu
I added the entries from the link to my app config file and still get a startup error, but different. I no longer get the TCPSVCS.exe pop up. Only console window output. Attached is the error message. Just to clarify, I am only copying the following assemblies and files to my installation folder during the install. Do I need to make any changes to the XML files?

App_Web_OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassicRaw.x86.dll
OpcLabs.BaseLib.dll
OpcLabs.BaseLib.xml
OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassic.dll
OpcLabs.EasyOpcClassic.xml
OpcLabs.EasyOpcUA.dll
OpcLabs.EasyOpcUA.xml
Attachments:

More
30 Oct 2019 10:10 #7893 by support
Hello,
thank you for additional information.

I cannot be sure, but such weird symptoms can be related to a special technique (and library) we use to make it unnecessary to deploy additional files (in this case, the UA certificate generator). Or it can be due to the antivirus, or an unwanted interaction of these two technologies.

I therefore suggest that you follow the instructions outlined here: kb.opclabs.com/How_to_disable_prerequisites_boxing . If the error does not go away, but the symptoms change, it may mean we are on the right track anyway.

Best regards

More
30 Oct 2019 00:40 #7892 by janderscu
1. Not my application. It’s referring to the Windows process.

2. I am not currently doing anything with the certificate generator . The path c:\u\staticEngine\ is the path of my application “staticEngine.exe”

3. Yes we run Symantec AV on all our machines

4. When in install my application, I am logged in as Administrator. My installation copies the QuickOPC assemblies needed for runtime to a sub folder in the install folder c:\u\staticEngine.

Thanks

More
28 Oct 2019 15:00 #7881 by support
Hello, I have some questions:

1. Is TCPSVCS.EXE (on the error popup) name of your application, or does it refer to standard Windows process?

2. Are you doing anything special about the UA Certificate Generator (I am concerned about the somewhat weird path c:\u\.... where the exception messages says it is looking for it, but it might be OK).

3. Do you have antivirus or similar software active?

4. Are you running the installer with elevated privileges?

Thank you

More
25 Oct 2019 19:43 #7873 by janderscu
I have created a simple C# console UA client ... when running on my dev machine, everything runs fine. I am installation my application to other target machines using an installer project in Visual Studio. I'm getting a error dialog pop (see attached screenshot) as well as an exception when trying to subscribe channels (shown in second attached screenshot). This looks like a client certificate installation issue so I think I need to take care of that when I install my application. I am already handling QuickOPC license install to the registry during deployment. Now I need to figure out the best, hopefully simplest, way to install the client certificate. I have been reading through the documentation on this subject and think I'm understanding but would appreciate some guidance and direction on preferred method,

Thanks,
Jason
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds