Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

WinIOError errorcode: 6 and BadSecureChannelClosed errors after a simple Read

More
22 Oct 2024 17:15 #13231 by support
In the code we write, we generally do not throw exceptions that we later catch.

This is all in the code written by somebody else (Opc.Ua.Core is by OPC Foundation)..

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2024 16:52 #13230 by SZL
Hello!

Thank you! The first error indeed coming outside the OPC modules, but the second is coming from OpcUaCore.dll.
It is strange that the OPC ReadValue method call causes the problem.
Normally it wouldn't bother me, but handling 4 try..catch per call slows down the reading process a lot.

BR, SZL

More
22 Oct 2024 16:05 #13229 by support
Hello.

Are you reporting exceptions that thrown internally, but do not actually propagate out of QuickOPC method calls?

If this is the case, they are none of your concern and you should ignore them.

Regards

More
22 Oct 2024 10:56 #13228 by SZL
Hello,

I have only one line of code:
var z0 = EasyUAClient.SharedInstance.ReadValue("opc.tcp://opcua.demo-this.com:51210/UA/SampleServer", "nsu=http://test.org/UA/Data/ ;i=10854");

When I execute this line in a WinForms Net Framework 4.8 project I got 4 (2x2) errors:

- First error: Descriptor is invalid. (IOException). Errorcode: 6
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) in System.IO\__Error.cs:line 167

This throws two times.

- Second error: BadSecureChannelClosed at Opc.Ua.Bindings.TcpAsyncOperation`1.End(Int32 timeout)

This also throws two times.

After these errors when I continue the code execution the Read operation reads the value successfully and I have the result.

Why these errors are happen before read? When I read again the errors throws also again.

I attach images from the errors:

Quickopc versions.

Thank you for help!
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds