Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Get the Data Type of Method Arguments

More
10 Oct 2023 16:02 #12287 by support
Hello.

I am not sure if I understand the question. It seems to me that what you are asking for has nothing to do specifically with enumeration arguments, or with extracting data about the enumerations. The questions is simply how to obtain data types of method arguments, is that correct?

If so, you basically need to study the OPC UA specs and write the necessary code obtain the information. Here are some starting "pointers":

- reference.opcfoundation.org/Core/Part3/v105/docs/5.7
- reference.opcfoundation.org/Core/Part3/v104/docs/8.6

Basically, there is optional (!) InputArguments property, and in it, there is an array of elements describing the method arguments, and inside them, there is the DataType.

I hope this helps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2023 11:19 #12283 by Lars Otte
Hello,

I'm working with an OPC UA server, which uses enumeration data types. The enumerations definitions are dynamic so we cannot hard code them into our software, but retrieve the enum integer values and string values at runtime using EasyUAClient.ReadDataType and the IEasyUAClientComplexData.ResolveDataType. This works fine using variable nodes.

However the server also has methods which contain input arguments with enumerations as data type. Is it possible to retrieve the data type definition with integer and string values of the method argument's data type similar to other enum nodes?

Best regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds