Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Opc.Ua.Bindings.TcpAsyncOperation.OnTimeout(System.Object)

More
01 Feb 2019 13:49 #7049 by dp
Hi,

I just encountered the same exception in an application using 5.53.225.1 and ReadMultiple after running uninterrupted without any issues for about 4 months.
The servers that are being connected to are not always online so timeouts are expected; however, I have never seen any issues before. Unfortunately, I have not been able to reproduce the issue since the occurrence.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2018 09:09 #6365 by support
Thank you for update.

We will be releasing a new version of QuickOPC in the beginning of June, and it will have an updated version of the BoxedApp SDK in it. There is therefore a chance that with the new QuickOPC version, it will not be necessary to make the configuration file changes as a workaround.

I would be happy if you can test it out with the new version (and removed config settings). Have a look at our Web page around June 10, QuickOPC 2018.3 should be there.

Regards

More
23 May 2018 08:48 #6364 by Sleepless
Hi,Support
Thank you for your advice.
My program has been running quite stably since I followed your useful suggestion.So it seems the problem has been resolved.I would keep following the progress of program and feedback as soon as possible.

Best regards. :P

More
19 May 2018 10:57 #6349 by support
Hello,
thank you for details.

I do not know what is causing the error. But we have recently encountered several "weird" problems which we were able to relate to a 3-rd party library we are using. So, the first thing to do would be to look at whether this cannot be the cause.

Can you please do the steps described here: kb.opclabs.com/How_to_disable_prerequisites_boxing and report here whether it has resolved the problem.

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sleepless

More
19 May 2018 10:41 #6348 by Sleepless
Hi,Support
I have to say sorry for I have not described my problem clearly . I make a C# Winform Program to connect to many OpcUa servers which are in different computers.The problem is that When I subscribe to hundreds of tags by using the SubscribeMultipleMonitoredItems() , considering the number of the events ,so I use callback methods to handle these events.

But then a serious error comes out and I just could not catch it ,which windows error log shows that it happens at OpcUa.Bindings.TcpAsyncOperations.OnTimeOut(System.Object).Cause it does not reflect my error in my code (I can not debug this out) , I wanna know how it happened and whether it is internal error in your tools.

The windows log like this :
exception: System.ObjectDisposedException
Trace:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.SafeHandle.DangerousAddRef(Boolean ByRef)
System.StubHelpers.StubHelpers.SafeHandleAddRef(System.Runtime.InteropServices.SafeHandle, Boolean ByRef)
Microsoft.Win32.Win32Native.SetEvent(Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeWaitHandle)
System.Threading.EventWaitHandle.Set()
Opc.Ua.Bindings.TcpAsyncOperation`1[[System.Int32, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].InternalComplete(Boolean, System.Object)
Opc.Ua.Bindings.TcpAsyncOperation`1[[System.Int32, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].OnTimeout(System.Object)
System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallbackInContext(System.Object)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallback()
System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire()
System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers()
System.Threading.TimerQueue.AppDomainTimerCallback()

More
19 May 2018 06:10 #6344 by support
Hello,

unfortunately, I do not understand your problem report. Most importantly, it does describe what the problem actually is (such as whether you are getting an unhandled exception, etc.).

Please follow the rules described here: www.opclabs.com/forum/announcements12/2365-rules-for-forum-posts .

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sleepless

More
19 May 2018 04:19 #6343 by Sleepless
:ohmy: Hi ,Support

I met a big problem about OpcLabs tools ,which is about OpcUa stuff.When I use methods (Writemultiple ,ReadMultiple,or SubscribeMultipleMonitoredItems),a same problem happens.Please check the files in the attachment,a windows error shows that it is a internal error of opclabs dlls.So I actually wonder why and how it happened, wish your feedback as soon as possible !
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds