Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Prevent the session from disconnecting when write activity is intermittent?

More
19 Aug 2024 14:44 #13027 by support
Hello.

There is no limit (except Int32.MaxValue) to the number of locks. Two or more locks are not a problem. What matters is whether the total lock count on the endpoint is zero, or non-zero. When it is non-zero, it is locked. When it goes back to zero, it unlocks.

If the connection to the server is lost, the existence of the lock assures that QuickOPC will keep retrying to reconnect. The lock is not affected and the handle stays valid. Do not reacquire the lock.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2024 13:36 #13026 by JosephJ
Thank you! Option 2 seems to be what I am looking for.

Are there any restrictions to how many locks that can be created? Is there an upper-bound limit?

If two locks are created to the same endpoint, will this cause an issue?

Lastly what happens if the server loses connection? Does the lock handle become invalid? Will the lock need to be required again

Thank you again for all the help!

More
16 Aug 2024 08:47 #13022 by support
Hello.

There are following options:

1) Increase EasyUAClient.IsolatedParameters.SessionParameters.HoldPeriod.
2) Recommended way: Use connection locking service:
- opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/OPCLabs-OpcStudio/Late...tion%20Control%20Services.html
- opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/OPCLabs-OpcStudio/Late...20unlock%20a%20connection.html
3) Or a poor man's solution: Any subscription you make to the server keeps the session open until all subscriptions are explicitly unsubscribed from your code.

I hope this help
Best regards

More
15 Aug 2024 16:50 #13019 by JosephJ
Is there a way to keep the client session active with the server and not time out due to inactivity?

I tried using the below settings, but this did not yield the intended results. I am looking for a way to write a tag value to the certain and intermittent times. Being able to write a value, and then go some period of time without needing to reconnect to the server due to inactivity?

Is there a setting I can apply that will achieve this or must I poll/write a value at a constant interval to maintain session connection?

_opcClient.Isolated = true;
_opcClient.IsolatedParameters = new EasyUAAdaptableParameters()
{
SessionParameters =
{
SessionConnectTimeout = UAClientSessionParameters.DefaultSessionConnectTimeout,
SessionTimeout = UAClientSessionParameters.DefaultSessionTimeout,
KeepAliveInterval = UAClientSessionParameters.DefaultKeepAliveInterval
}
};

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds