Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Opc.Ua.ServiceResultException: 'BadNotConnected' being thrown during startup

More
03 Jul 2024 18:54 #12912 by support
Hello.

If the exceptions are thrown and then handled internally, which is how I understand your report, they do not affect your program and there is nothing to be concerned about.

Regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: CFrayneIonic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jul 2024 18:07 #12910 by CFrayneIonic
Hello,
I'm having an issue where "Exception thrown: 'Opc.Ua.ServiceResultException' in Opc.Ua.Core.dll" is being thrown 4 times while my application is starting up. My application subscribes to multiple nodes on startup then updates a GUI based on the data changes, the 4 exceptions are thrown before the data changes are subscribed to. Having the debug break when the exception is thrown brings me to OPC.UA.Bindings.ChannelAsyncOperation.cs and not where my code is throwing the exception from. Copying the details of the exception gives me this:
Opc.Ua.ServiceResultException
  HResult=0x80131500
  Message=BadNotConnected
  Source=Opc.Ua.Core
  StackTrace:
   at Opc.Ua.Bindings.ChannelAsyncOperation`1.End(Int32 timeout, Boolean throwOnError) in Opc.Ua.Bindings\ChannelAsyncOperation.cs:line 206
My specs are
Visual Studio Version: 17.10.0
.net Framework Installed: net8.0.6
Target Framework: net8.0
NuGet Package: OPCLabs.QuickOpc v5.80.192
OPC version: 2024.1
The program is made on Visual Studio in a Windows Forms App
Thank you,
Connor Frayne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds