Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

SerializationException: OPC.Ua.Core 1.3.342.0 Not Found

More
13 Jun 2020 09:36 #8581 by goosvanbeek
I agree with you.
Thank you very much for your support!

Best regards,
Goos van Beek.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2020 18:55 - 12 Jun 2020 18:56 #8580 by support
Actually the file contains the serialized data, but I was able to make use of it anyway. And, the serialization does not contain any references to the Opc.Ua.Core assembly - so my suspicion in this respect was incorrect.

My understanding is that the problem is resolved. I think we can conclude that the binary (de)serializer simply behaves that way - it somehow does not go through the assembly loading mechanism we have for the embedded assemblies, making it necessary to explicitly add or reference them - even if they are not truly needed.

Best regards
Last edit: 12 Jun 2020 18:56 by support.

More
12 Jun 2020 15:09 #8579 by goosvanbeek
The file was attached with a json extension. I changed it to txt
Attachments:

More
12 Jun 2020 13:58 #8577 by support
Can you please attach the file?

More
12 Jun 2020 13:53 #8576 by goosvanbeek
I replaced the Opc.Ua.Core 1.4.360.33 with the Opc.Ua.1.4.360.33 version as you suggested. That solved the problem!
The problem was with all the events.

Attached a file with a few events.
The eventData is the serialized UEventData.

Regards,
Goos van Beek.

More
12 Jun 2020 07:00 #8573 by support
Oh, I see what you mean - OPC Unified Architecture .NET Standard 1.4.360.0 is installed because we have a single NuGet package and it is needed under .NET Standard. But it does not get used, in fact, when you target .NET Framework. That should be OK.

If the serialized data contained any data types from the Opc.Ua.Core assembly, I would not be surprised that the deserialization can have problems. This is because, as I wrote, the Opc.Ua.Core assembly is embedded inside QuickOPC and resolved dynamically, and I can imagine that for some reason the binary deserializer does not go through that resolution process. A fix to this would probably be to place/deploy the embedded assemblies (that you normally do not see) alongside your other binaries, in the directory where they run. Please see opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...webframe.html#Assemblies2.html - you'd need to run the Setup program with "Custom" type and select "Embedded assemblies" to obtain the files.

Even if the above works, it would still not be clear why any type from Opc.Ua.Core is in your UAEventData.

Do you get the problem with any UAEventData you have, or just with some?
Can you somehow print out/display what you have in the UAEventData that has the problem, before serialization, and post it here?

Thank you

More
11 Jun 2020 12:34 #8568 by goosvanbeek
When I install NuGet QuickOPC, OPC Unified Architecture .NET Standard 1.4.360.0 is automatically included.
It can't be uninstalled:
Unable to uninstall 'OPCFoundation.NetStandard.Opc.Ua.1.4.360.33' because 'OpcLabs.QuickOpc.5.58.192' depends on it.

The project runs only under .NET Framework (4.8)

More
10 Jun 2020 19:52 #8566 by support
For .NET Framework target, QuickOPC 2020.2 (i.e. 5.58) is based on OPC Foundation's UA-.NET-Legacy libraries as of March 25, 2020, which are labeled as version 1.3.342.0. The fact that an assembly with that version is (indirectly) referenced is therefore no surprise.

For ease of deployment, these assemblies are embedded inside OpcLabs.EasyOpcUA assembly, so you don't normally get to see them.

What s not clear is why a reference to that assembly would appear inside the serialized data, or would otherwise be needed during deserialization. That should not be the case under normal circumstances.

I do not understand why, in your first post, you wrote
"OPC Unified Architecture .NET Standard 1.4.360.0 (NuGet)".

1. Is that a package you are referencing?
2. If so, why?
3. Are you running your project under .NET Framework, or .NET Core, or sometimes the first and sometimes the second?

Thank you

More
10 Jun 2020 19:12 #8565 by goosvanbeek
Seems there is a possible reference in the EasyOpcUA.dll?
See the attached image.

regards,
Goos van Beek.
Attachments:

More
10 Jun 2020 18:36 #8564 by goosvanbeek
The uaEventData is serialized with the same version of QuickOPC
There are only simple types in the data structure.

Regards,
Goos van Beek

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds