Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Working with Alarms in an OPC-DA 2.05A

More
16 Aug 2012 12:52 #984 by jeancg
Hi
I'm sorry for long time without answering was off work for a week, now I'm dedicated to trying to resolve this question.
I was thinking about it, you tell me that I can use the State parameter of the method SubscribeMultipleItems right?

I have some doubts about it yet, I never did something like this what I should pass the State parameter of my method SubscribeMultipleItems and how I could be spending it in a asp.net gridview

I'm thinking of a method as you mentioned SubscribeMultipleItems and an event handler EasyDAMultipleItemsChangedEventArgs.

need a help on how I fill my gridview with the coming of this method tags showing the name of the tag and its state.

to acknowledge my alarm I use a specific tag coming from my PLC where I have a tag that change her status to true she acknowledges all active alarms in the system think it will work.
Sorry for my poor English.

best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2012 05:59 #976 by support
For associating OPC items with rows in a gridview, you can use the reference to the row (or cell) as the State parameter in SubscribeItem/SubscribeMultipleItems. When a notification arrives for certain OPC item, you get the State in the event arguments. You can typecast it back to the grid row object, and update it accordingly.
Let me know if you need any further help.

More
09 Aug 2012 20:27 #974 by jeancg
I understand, I try to use the write command to send the item to acknowledge the alarm, the problem is I have 120 item alarms and trips, I have to find a way to populate a gridview with these alarms or trips and spend an active command to acknowledge the assets.

thank you

More
08 Aug 2012 19:16 #968 by support
The EasyAEClient component is for servers that support OPC Alarms&Events interfaces. The CoDeSys server *may* support them (not sure), according to <a href="www.opcfoundation.org/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?CM=1&RI=9312&CU=1" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.opcfoundation.org/Products... . The OPC A&E is different from OPC Data Access, in that it is much better suited to handle the operations typically needed to deal with unsolicited events.
You should consult the server's documentation for this. The ProgID can also be different from what you need for OPC-DA.
If the server does not support OPC Alarm&Events, then EasyAEClient is useless with that server. Functionality like alarm acknowledgement may be available over OPC-DA, but that's server-specific.

More
08 Aug 2012 17:25 #966 by jeancg
Hi

I'm upgrading my software based on CoDeSys for a new software developed with the QuickOPC.NET, I now need to work with the alarms on my system that I previously used the Webvisu the CoDeSys for configuring alarms and a grid to display and identify them.

I need a help, I'm a little confused on how to work this part on my system because my server is OPC-DA 2.05A does not have an OPC-AE installed on my server.

I could use the features of EasyAEClient in an OPC-DA Server and acknowledge these alarms, or had to improvise a way out with EasyDAClient?
Thank you.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds