Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

OPC DA Optimizer for OPC XML. Request Chunking

More
23 Oct 2024 17:17 #13238 by Andriy
Thank you for your prompt response.
You are correct, my intention is to limit the number of items per subscription request. I need to subscribe to a total of 25K items, and the chunking feature would be very useful for this. All these 25K items are for a single OPC-XML server
Thank you in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Oct 2024 13:36 #13235 by support
Hello.
The request chunking is used for OPC XML as well as for OPC DCOM.

But now, reviewing the design, it appears that while it works as intended for synchronous operations (Read, Write), it may not work well with subscriptions. The reason for it is that the subscription requests are divided into chunks, but the underlying code can assemble them together again - which I think what is happening.

This is a design issue on our side.

Do I understand it correctly that your intent is to limit the number of item in subscription requests, for OPC XML? Can you explain the requirements - is it to limit the overall message size, or for some other reason, such as server limit? Based on your answers I will see what can be done.

Best regards

More
23 Oct 2024 09:43 #13233 by Andriy
Hello,
Is the Request Chunking feature implemented for OPC XML protocol? I set the chunk size to 200 for all operations, such as subscribe and read. But Wireshark shows 1700 items being sent in a single request for subscription
QuickOPC library 5.63.246, .NET 6

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds