Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

QuickOPC Standard

More
13 Sep 2021 12:19 #10207 by lesliemcg
Replied by lesliemcg on topic QuickOPC Standard
Hi there,

many thanks for the good suggestion,
I put the try/catch code in the script and I can confirm the message box is not being generated confirming we are not dropping the connection to the OPC server.
the textbox still shows the original value and then pulses to the actual value etc.
I have added a short movie to show the value issue to help explain what I see.

The Kepware OPC client still shows a constant value being generated from the OPC server.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2021 13:24 #10200 by support
Replied by support on topic QuickOPC Standard
Hello,

can you put Try/Catch around the statements with ReadItemValue - just in case they are failing? Something like:
            Try
            Catch ex As OpcException
                MessageBox.Show($"*** {ex.Message}")
            End Try
Thank you

More
10 Sep 2021 10:57 - 10 Sep 2021 11:51 #10197 by lesliemcg
Replied by lesliemcg on topic QuickOPC Standard
Hi,

Many thanks for your useful information. I can confirm I now have the Quick OPC items in the toolbox.
Using EasyDAClient:
I have now followed the user guide to add tags to the VS form and I can see the OPC Demo tags updated in the textbox, this is refreshed using a timer on VB and working ok, following the same format to read the Kepware Server tags which I will require on the project, the tags are updated but then display on the textbox the original numbers.
I have monitored the Kepware Quick Client application and can confirm the tags should be displaying ok, so I know the values are being sent to the OPCLabs correctly.

Is there something I have missed to display Kepware tags correctly?
The basic code is shown below:
Imports OpcLabs.EasyOpc.DataAccess
Public Class Form1

Private Sub Form1_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

End Sub

Private Sub Timer1_Tick(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Timer1.Tick

TextBox1.Text = EasyDAClient1.ReadItemValue("", "OPCLabs.KitServer.2", "Demo.Single")'Works ok
        TextBox2.Text = EasyDAClient1.ReadItemValue("", "Kepware.KEPServerEX.V6", "Channel1.TestPLC.TestAngle")'Value is forced to back to original value
        TextBox3.Text = EasyDAClient1.ReadItemValue("", "Kepware.KEPServerEX.V6", "Channel1.TestPLC.TestPulse")'Value is forced to back to original value

End Sub
End Class

many thanks

Leslie
Last edit: 10 Sep 2021 11:51 by support.

More
09 Sep 2021 18:28 #10196 by support
Replied by support on topic QuickOPC Standard
Hello.

.NET 5.0 is not considered being ".NET Framework", therefore .NET 5.0 is not a "version of .NET Framework higher than 4.7". It is a completely different runtime, an evolution of .NET Core.

Currently, QuickOPC supports .NET 5.0, but the QuickOPC parts that have to do with any user interface (Windows Forms or WPF) or designer support for them (using controls from Toolbox) are *not* supported. You cannot use that Getting Started with .NET 5.0+.

You can either:
- Create a project that truly targets .NET Framework 4.7 or higher.
- If you do not want that and you want to use .NET 5.0, several things need to be done differently. First, the assemblies for .NET 5.0+ are not distributed via the standalone installer. Instead, you get them from www.nuget.org. Second, you cannot use the UI controls/feature of QuickOPC, but that doe snot mean you cannot use QuickOPC in .NET 5.0 application that have user interface - all OPC communications features - you just need to take care of the user interface in your own code.

Some related info:
- opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...l#Development%20Platforms.html
- opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...20under%20.NET%20Standard.html
- opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...%20Standard%20using%20IDE.html
- opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...eferencing%20with%20NuGet.html
- www.nuget.org/packages/OpcLabs.QuickOpc/

I hope this helps.
Best regards

More
09 Sep 2021 16:49 #10194 by lesliemcg
QuickOPC Standard was created by lesliemcg
Hi, I am trying to test the OPC Labs Demo to confirm its suitable for our applications, although struggling to follow the "getting started instructions".

I have created the new VS application using 2019 with the target framework >4.7, selected 5.0 as below.
The installer for OPCLabs is also set for the .NET development.

In Visual Studio, I can't see the QuickOPC option in the toolbox following the instructions, can you assist where I am going wrong please?
I would just like to display a tag we can use to test from the OPC server.

kind regards.

Leslie
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds