Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

× If you are developing in .NET, but are using the OPC-UA (OPC Unified Architecture), please post in the QuickOPC-UA category instead.

EasyOPC.NET Demo application Times Out while browsing Node Items.

More
27 Jul 2023 17:58 #11968 by jdillon@softwaretoolbox.com
Yes, Understood. I have asked for possibilities for installation, temp licensing and configuration.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2023 17:40 #11967 by support
Note that it's not just the configuration - I need an installable of the server(s) too. Not always is this possible (licensing etc.). Let's see.

More
27 Jul 2023 13:53 #11964 by jdillon@softwaretoolbox.com
I have reached out for the customers server configurations. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

More
27 Jul 2023 09:40 - 27 Jul 2023 09:40 #11961 by support
Helo,
thank you. Interestingly, I received no email from you; but this time, the attached ZIP file appears to contain all the traces and images, so we are fine.

I am already going through the traces and seeing some things, but let me ask first: Can these servers(+configurations) be provided to me for on-line troubleshooting here? Or is the problem confined to customer's computers? The issue is that the OPC analyzer traces have some limitations, and having the ability to debug this directly locally would be a big help.

Best regards
Last edit: 27 Jul 2023 09:40 by support.

More
26 Jul 2023 19:49 #11960 by jdillon@softwaretoolbox.com
I sent the .ZIP file to your email. Please let me know if you did not receive it.

Also re-attached here just in-case.

File Attachment:

File Name: ALLTRACESZIP.zip
File Size:3,077 KB
Attachments:

More
26 Jul 2023 17:41 #11959 by support
Hello,
somehow, the attached ZIP file appears empty. Please contact me via email for delivery of this.

Best regards

More
25 Jul 2023 17:03 #11954 by jdillon@softwaretoolbox.com
Reattempting to attach trace files.

File Attachment:

File Name: ALLTRACES_...7-25.zip
File Size:0 KB
Attachments:

More
25 Jul 2023 17:01 #11953 by jdillon@softwaretoolbox.com
Versions used: first 2018.3 and then version 2023.1.

Servers that the Demo application are browsing: Insight OPC Server and Siemens OPC server DSIGO

NOTE: The Insight server does NOT have branches.It is an older system that does not have a normal tree structure. The tags are listed one after the other without branches and leaves. The Siemens server does have branches.

Attempted to browse node items of both the Insight OPC Server and Siemens Server using the EasyOPCNetDemo (for both versions) the demo application times out after 5 minutes of trying.

When using the Matrikon OPC Explorer to browse the Insight OPC Server and Siemens Server, no time occurs and all .

I have attached the OPC Analyzer traces.

From the traces, when both clients QueryOrganization, the parameter namespace type is read as OPC_NS_FLAT. Then, when both clients BrowsOPCItemIDs the OPC Test Client sets the BrowseFilter Type to OPC_Flat with no permissions, but Matrikon sets its filter type to OPC_LEAF with ReadWrite parameters. Reason for this is unknown.

In the trace it looks as the browsing is successful, but for some reason the demo applications are timing out.

Lastly, we tested with OPC Expert. It was slower than Matrikon but was eventually successful.

Could you help me determine why there is a timeout when browsing from the demo applications? The expected result is to be able to browse items of both servers without issue.

Images of the exact error has been attached.
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds