Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

× If you are developing in .NET, but are using the OPC-UA (OPC Unified Architecture), please post in the QuickOPC-UA category instead.

Crash upon start. 5.71.256

More
04 Jul 2023 17:38 #11869 by support
Replied by support on topic Crash upon start. 5.71.256
Hello,

Thank you for the project. In the end, the main problem was not the dot, but the space character after the dot. But that's our problem, the directory name should have been sanitized. And it is now fixed.

Please rebuild with QuickOPC 5.71.272.1 (or later), which is now on our Web page, and www.nuget.org.

Note: Some (unrelated) FirstChanceException-s still happen, but that is generally OK: They just indicate that an exception has been thrown, but as long as it has been handled internally, there is no issue. I understand that attaching the event handler to FirstChanceException is a handy tool to discover some hidden problems, though.

Many thanks for reporting the problem and providing the details, it was a "good catch" and I am glad it was spotted and the cause identified.

Best regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: IRuiz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jul 2023 21:43 #11864 by IRuiz
Replied by IRuiz on topic Crash upon start. 5.71.256
Hello,

The standalone example project is attached to this reply.

File Attachment:

File Name: QuickOPC_Case.zip
File Size:4 KB

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\AMI International, S.A.P.I. de C.V. \QuickOPC_Case\1.0.0.0'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\AMI International, S.A.P.I. de C.V. \QuickOPC_Case\1.0.0.0\
at Microsoft.Extensions.FileProviders.PhysicalFileProvider..ctor(String root, ExclusionFilters filters)
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at OpcLabs.BaseLib.Extensions.FileProviders.Implementation.OnDemandWritableFileProvider.GetWritableFileInfo(String subpath)
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at OpcLabs.BaseLib.Extensions.FileProviders.Implementation.OnDemandWritableFileProvider.GetWritableFileInfo(String subpath)
at OpcLabs.BaseLib.Internal.ThreadBackground`1.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<.ctor>b__0(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)

Best regards,
IRuiz
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: support

More
01 Jul 2023 15:00 - 02 Jul 2023 06:34 #11857 by support
Replied by support on topic Crash upon start. 5.71.256
Hello,

I would like to have a reproducible scenario (project) from you. All our own tools use "CODE Consulting and Development, s.r.o.", with the dot at the end, and there is no problem (apparently the system strips off the final dot). So, even if the dot is not fully correct (Windows allow it as such, in the API and the file system, but not in the Shell), there must be something else that causes the problem or contributes to it.

Note: We fully intend to fix this, by sanitizing the company name. I just want to have full understanding of what is involved, before we do that.

Best regards
Last edit: 02 Jul 2023 06:34 by support.

More
30 Jun 2023 21:41 #11856 by IRuiz
Replied by IRuiz on topic Crash upon start. 5.71.256
Follow up, it seems like the library is using the assembly company name for the folder path, but you cannot end a folder name with a dot and the library do use the final dot inside the directory path.
Attachments:

More
30 Jun 2023 19:15 #11855 by IRuiz
Hello, I recently upgraded NuGet from 5.70.1202 to 5.71.256, all the projects referencing this NuGet are now throwing upon start and closing.

All projects target .NET 4.8.

File Attachment:

File Name: OPC.7z
File Size:361 KB

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
IRuiz
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds