Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Event subscription does not receive anything on some machines

More
08 Oct 2019 04:49 #7805 by fancybird
Hello ... thank you for the response. I did not know that there is error code in the event argument object. From there, we were able to see the "access denied" error. We were able to find the DCOM configuration issues ... especially with the use of OPC Security Analyzers. Thank you. Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Oct 2019 06:54 #7799 by support
Hello,

are you properly testing for errors in the event handler? Can you post the relevant pieces /logic of it here?

Best regards

More
04 Oct 2019 04:57 #7798 by fancybird
Hi ... I am seeing a problem that is repeatable. I am targeting Honeywell Experion PKS (EPKS) OPC server, specifically. When I run the application from my development machine, I don't get any events. Query categories works. Event subscription call is fine. I just don't get any events.

When I run the application on the EPKS server itself, I get events and alarms.

When I run the application on one of the EPKS stations, I get events and alarms.

But if I run the application from a non-EPKS machine, I don't get any events.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds