Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

EsayAEClient No Events

More
01 Jul 2015 11:06 #3248 by support
Replied by support on topic EsayAEClient No Events
That is a possibility at least theoretically, though it would be wiser to convert it to a virtual machine instead.

There is an issue, however, that due to vacation, between July 3 and July 10 no actual investigation/testing/development work can be done.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2015 10:30 #3247 by Dalibor37
Replied by Dalibor37 on topic EsayAEClient No Events
Hi,
I can send you our pc where we have running that AE opc server. I get response that they are not willing to give as demo licence for you. Can we send you our pc becouse i have deadline and dont have any more time ?
Lp.

More
30 Jun 2015 06:31 #3240 by Dalibor37
Hi,
I send request to siemens to give me demo for you. I hope that i will get positive response very fast becouse i have very short deadline :(.
Thanks.

More
29 Jun 2015 15:17 #3236 by support
Then, most likely, the OPC Server is not compliant with the spec, because there is just a limited set of OPC methods that are allowed to be "Not implemented" (return E_NOTIMPL), and we call those only when you have a corresponding EasyAEClient method call in your code - which is not the case here.

In order to find out precisely what is happening, unfortunately the Team Viewer would not be enough. We would need to be able to access the server through OPC A&E from our test/development computer, so that we can debug inside the client and see the responses of the server (there are tools to analyze the OPC DA communication, such as OPC Analyzer from OPC Foundation, but unfortunately not for OPC A&E).

Isn't there a way to obtain a demo version for test?

More
29 Jun 2015 11:39 #3234 by Dalibor37
Hi,
I tried bouth solution but still Im getting same error and no events ?
Thanks.

More
29 Jun 2015 09:26 #3233 by support
Hello.

After checking in detail how the Refresh call (which most likely is not implemented in your OPC server) is handled, I have found that there are ways you can suppress its calling in QuickOPC, which should hopefully resolve this problem.

One way to do it is to specify RefreshWhenActive = false in the call to SubscribeEvents. Here is an example of how it may look like:

int handle = client.SubscribeEvents(
                new ServerDescriptor("", "OPCLabs.KitEventServer.2"), 
                new AESubscriptionParameters(notificationRate:1000),
                refreshWhenActive:false,
                state:null);

Please try this.

Another way to achieve similar outcome is to exclude the condition events from the event filter.

We may still change the E_NOTIMPL handling of the Refresh() result, but because there are ways to work around it, it will only go into a subsequent QuickOPC version.

Best regards

More
26 Jun 2015 11:02 #3230 by support
Thank you. Before we consider some kind of remote analysis, I'd rather make one change on our side. We will allow the suspect non-critical OPC call or calls (the Refresh method, mainly) to return "Not implemented" without that rendering the whole subscription as failed. The plan is to change the software (please allow several days) and post a new build.

I will let you know here on the forums when this is available or when there is more information to this case.

Best regards

More
24 Jun 2015 08:20 #3227 by Dalibor37
Hi,
It is Siemens Software(SiPass) for Acess Controll and have built in OPC AE event server. Server is on site and it have licence without internet connection. I can make hotspot from my phone and give you acess to server with TeamViewer if it is ok? If this is ok send me mail or call me to go on site to arange TeamViewer connection ?. My collegs told me that we have one other server with demo licens in company and they can put TeamViewer for testing(I did not testet on that) ?
Thanks.

More
24 Jun 2015 06:14 #3226 by support
The error code corresponds to "Not implemented" (i.e. some method, by the OPC server).

Which OPC server are you using? (vendor, model)
Is there a trial version of it that we can test here?

We might be able to make the client part more "forgiving" and work even when something is not implemented on the server, but we need to analyze the OPC communication details first.

Best regards

More
23 Jun 2015 10:39 #3224 by Dalibor37
Hi,
With Matrikon i see that only selecting catagorys ar not posible. I tray to add catagoris and with or without tham i get event with error -2147467263 and after that event without error. After that 2 events im not receving events from server ?
Thanks.

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds