Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

I have a couple questions about our contracted Licenses

More
23 Jan 2024 10:20 #12527 by support
Hello.
I will contact you at the email address used to register with the Forums.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2024 07:44 #12526 by Ureña
Hello,

I hope you're doing well. Is there a way for me to independently check the QuickOPC version tied to our license? If not, could you kindly provide the version details at your earliest convenience?

Thank you for your assistance.

More
20 Jan 2024 13:06 - 20 Jan 2024 13:06 #12523 by support
Hello.
The EasyUAApplication has been introduced in QuickOPC 2023.1 (5.71), so you need this or newer version (kb.opclabs.com/Versions ).

It works in general with any QuickOPC edition. The parts that are limited to Enterprise Edition are those that have to do with CA-generated certificates, using OPC UA Global Discovery Server (GDS) and Certificate Services (CM).

So far you have not indicated that you have to use the GDS in your system. It looks like that you are using self-signed certificates. For that, any edition is sufficient.

Best regards
Last edit: 20 Jan 2024 13:06 by support.

More
19 Jan 2024 13:55 #12522 by Ureña
I tried to use the code of the FAQ but there some class wich i cannot found like EasyUAApplication it seems like in my nuget version i don't have this class in the dll files, so im using OpcLabs.QuickOpc V5.57.125 version nugget.

Furthermore i found this table(attached) where it looks like this functionality is only avalible in Entreprise version, this is right?
Attachments:

More
20 Dec 2023 08:21 #12484 by support
Hello.

Yes, the length of validity period of the auto-generated client certificate can be changed. See e.g. opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...%20Instance%20Certificate.html . In the part "Instance Certificate Auto-Generation", it describes properties like MaximumExpirationDate and ValidityPeriodInMonths, and there is even an example showing how to do it (note that the example removes the old certificate first, in order to prove the point; but then it would re-generate it every time the app runs, which is not what you want, so the part that removes the certificate will not be in your code, at least not regularly executed).

You can also generate the whole certificate externally use some custom tool, and then let QuickOPC just use it.

To your other question, all our product edition/license types include OPC "Classic" Data Access (COM/DCOM-based).

I hope this helps.

Best regards

More
19 Dec 2023 10:34 #12483 by Ureña
By the way, our OPC Client is programmed in .NET Core 6

More
19 Dec 2023 09:39 #12482 by Ureña
Yes, the PDA is my Client app

More
19 Dec 2023 09:28 #12481 by support
Hello.

What is PDA? Is that you OPC client app?

Regards

More
19 Dec 2023 08:52 #12480 by Ureña
Hi, I'm Oriol Vaquero from Radar Process, and I had a couple of questions about your products.

When we establish a connection against the PLC it creates directly the PLC certificate and another one for the PDA.
When the PLC certificate is generated, it allows us to change the validity date.
The first question was if there was any way to change the validity date of the auto-generated certificate of the PDA.

And the other question, was that if with the license that we have contracted, we have access to the OPC DA.

I look forward to your answers.

Oriol Vaquero Moreno

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds