Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Client cannot install license - cannot select component

More
16 Aug 2023 17:02 #12017 by ScottEwine
Ok, figured it out, needed to create the two registry entries...

The license is stored in the registry, under the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Licensing\QuickOPC\Multipurpose

In order to install the license, this key and anything that is beneath it, must be properly deployed to the target machine.

Note: On 64-bit systems, the license is stored in 32-bit registry. When the registry is accessed from 64-bit application, you must use the following key instead:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Licensing\QuickOPC\Multipurpose

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2023 15:40 #12015 by support
Hello.

If you do not use the installation program (there is also a Production Installer just for this purpose), you need to create empty registry key(s) that holds the available component name.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Licensing\QuickOPC
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Licensing\QuickOPC

You can, however, also embed the license key right into your project, and no licensing steps will then be necessary at the target computer:
opclabs.doc-that.com/files/onlinedocs/QuickOpc/Latest/User%2...esource%20License%20Store.html

I hope this helps.

Best regards

More
16 Aug 2023 15:34 #12014 by ScottEwine
I have created a visual studio .net console app for a customer, and they are having trouble licensing it. They cannot select a component to license. What do they need to do for this to be selectable? I have purchased "QuickOPC Ultimate, Single Developer + Runtime Free License, With 5 Years Upgrade Assurance".

What do I need to provide to the customer, I think just the licensemanager.exe and the key .bin file, is that correct?

Any help would be appreciated.

Scott

Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds