Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

WinForms app crashing with OpcBrowseControl

More
12 Jul 2019 10:29 #7520 by support
Thank you.
Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2019 08:12 #7519 by SZL
Hello,

Unbelievable, but it works in 32 bit mode too. Love Mirosoft! :)

Thanks for help!

More
12 Jul 2019 06:48 #7517 by support
Hello,
please try following workaround:

openFileDialog1.ShowHelp = true;

- from stackoverflow.com/questions/6718148/windows-forms-gui-hangs-...ling-openfiledialog-showdialog .

Best regards

More
10 Jul 2019 12:46 #7514 by SZL
Hello,

You are welcome! Outside of VS I have the same problem, in this case the app CPU usage are on limit.

More
10 Jul 2019 12:33 - 10 Jul 2019 12:33 #7513 by support
Hello,
thank you for details.

Have you tried to run your app outside of the debugger? I found it weird that in your picture, the process that has 98% CPU is the Visual Studio process, and not your app itself.

Regards
Last edit: 10 Jul 2019 12:33 by support.

More
10 Jul 2019 12:01 #7512 by SZL
Hello,

Visual Studio version: 2019, but not depend on version, I try it with 2017 and 2015 too.
In design time there are not problem, at runtime just after I create new OpenFileDialog object.

Update:
If I switch my project to 64 mode, there are no problem (I will test it more time).

More
10 Jul 2019 11:52 #7511 by support
Hello,

we will try to reproduce it and I will let you know then here.

Additional question2:
1. Which version of Visual Studio are you using?
2. When precisely does this happen? When you run the application and then invoke the file dialog, or also just when designing in Visual Studio?

Note: We do not officially support older versions like 5.50. I will still try to help, but our options are limited.

Best regards

More
10 Jul 2019 08:33 #7508 by SZL
Hello,

I have big problem with the OpcBrowserControl control. After I place it on my form and I execute my app and after I try open an OpenFileDialog control, the CPU usage increasing to 100% and my app (and Visual Studio) freezing. When I remove the OpcBrowserControl and restart Visual Studio, the OpenFileDialog control working fine.

My code to open a Windows file browser:

The CPU usage if the form contains the OpcBrowserControl:

My QuickOPC version: 5.50.405.1

Please help me fix this problem, this is an urgent project.

Thank you!

BR, László
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds