Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Antivirus Sophos detects "Dynamic Shellcode" when starting apps with QuickOPC

More
11 Apr 2022 08:49 #10798 by support
Hello.

The answer is given in my previous post. This is a false report from Sophos. Sophos needs to fix it then.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2022 08:02 #10797 by tonydol
Well what is the answer to stop this annoying email message from Sophos. Up to now I have had 92 instances.

More
05 Oct 2021 15:45 #10255 by support
Helo.

Although I appreciate your report, we are not going to take any action. Our code does not do anything malicious, therefore it looks like a "false positive" report from Sophos.
In order to be able to act on this, we would need an information about what precisely has triggered the report.

Best regards.
Zbynek

More
05 Oct 2021 14:42 #10254 by ppbu
Hi all,

we are using Sophos Endpoint Agent as corporate antivirus software. And this agent detects an exploit when I try to start an app using QuickOPC. This behavior has been seen first for a few months with a Delphi program that uses QuickOPC 2017.2 (licensed) for connectivity as a OPC UA client.
But it has the same behaviour with the actual version 2021.2 (Trial) when I just start the standard test client "Connectivity Explorer".
The warning: "DynamicShellcode" exploit prevented in Connectivity Explorer.

I'd like to know why the antivirus detects an exploit in the library and how we can avoid it.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Best regards
Paul

Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds