Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Erro connecting to UA Server

More
15 Sep 2023 13:34 #12150 by support
Yes, but in this case you have captured something else, not the OPC UA communication between the OPC client and the server. In your capture, all sources and destinations are 127.0.0.1.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2023 13:32 #12149 by escarre
Hello,

Yes, the OPC-UA server is on a different device. It's not a local communication. And this king of communication is working properly in another installation. With the same code sending the user/password information. The local ip is 10.10.10.82.

Regards

More
15 Sep 2023 12:47 #12147 by support
Hello.

Actually, even better way to do this is to set "permanently" which ports are to be decoded as OpcUa. It is described here: opcconnect.opcfoundation.org/2017/02/analyzing-opc-ua-communications-with-wireshark/ , right at the beginning.

I should say, however, that this is just about how the information is *displayed* - in order to be able to check it. It does not affect what is captured, or what you then send to us.

But, I think that in your case, you have not captured the right thing in the first place. In your original posts, the server was addressed using a specific IP address, different from 127.0.0.1. I suppose that it means that the server is on a device different from the client PC? Is so, why then have you captured the traffic between two applications on the local machine? Or maybe the numerical IP was just the address of the same box, so in fact you *do* have both the client and the server on the same computer? Please clarify.

Best regards

More
15 Sep 2023 10:50 #12146 by escarre
Hello,

Sorry, it's the first time I use this tool. and I'm trying to set the Decode As to OpcUA.
But how can configure the Decode As? What have to put in Field property? And in Value Property? No all de Field property allow me to set OpcUA Current value.
TCP port allow me to set OpcUA current value, and I set 4840 as Value. But I set this Decode As and when I open Decode As window, my configuration dissapeared.
What's doing wrong?
I
Regards

More
15 Sep 2023 09:37 #12144 by support
Hello.As far as I can tell, what you have captured is not the OPC UA communication. When decoded as OpcUa in Wireshark, it gives "Invalid messages" every time.You must be able to see truly decoded OpcUa messages in Wireshark yourself - do you? Otherwise it doesn't make sense to send them over.

(you need to set "Decode As" to OpcUa for affected ports or IP addresses)

Example of what I see with your captures:

Example of how it (roughly) can look like when it is correct:

Regards
Attachments:

More
15 Sep 2023 09:19 #12142 by escarre
Hello,

Do you need more information? Anything else?

Regards.

More
15 Sep 2023 06:33 #12139 by escarre
Hello,

I attach you the WireShark trace files, connecting with Matrikon and the other one connecting with OpcLabs controls.

Regards
Attachments:

More
14 Sep 2023 16:37 #12135 by support

More
14 Sep 2023 13:58 #12133 by escarre
Hello,

I send you then image with the server configuration

And I'm trying to use WireShark and shows me a hist : Local interfaces are unavailable because no packet capture driver is installed.
What packet do I need to install?

Regards.
Attachments:

More
14 Sep 2023 12:59 #12131 by support
Thank you.

Can you please collect the Wireshark trace a) with the client that does not work, and b) with the client that works, and send them to us?

Instructions: kb.opclabs.com/Collecting_information_for_troubleshooting .
In this particular case, the Wireshark capture will probably suffice (i.e. no need to enable the extended tracing and collect LogEntry-s, at least for the initial pass).

Best regards

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds