Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

Recursive function for finding datanodes, not returning all datanodes

More
22 Oct 2018 13:09 #6779 by support
Great. I will also think about whether we can be more "forgiving" on our side (the current behavior is by design - we strive to provide consistent & valid data out of methods). Let me know if you need anything in this respect.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2018 12:10 #6778 by CMAC447
Thank you for all your help in identifying the issue. We'll make the necessary changes to have our server be up to UA specification.
Best Regards

More
20 Oct 2018 09:51 #6773 by support
Hello, thank you for the captures. I had some difficulties analyzing them, because neither in your UaExpert nor in your QuickOPC capture you had browsed into the "CM100 Data" node which we had used before and for which I knew which nodes get returned to you.

But anyway, I think I found the reason. The server is not conformant with OPC UA specification in that it returns invalid Namespace indices in some of its browse names. QuickOPC resolves the namespace indices to namespace URIs, and this fails when the index is invalid.

Example. Data returned in packet #87 in your UaExpert capture:

The namespace index in the BrowseName (which is UA QualifiedName) is 14. There must be a namespace with index 14 in the server's namespace table. But there isn't - the server only has 4 namespaces, as can be seen from the response in packet #60 from the same capture:

The server vendor needs to fix this.

Best regards
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: CMAC447

More
19 Oct 2018 17:46 #6770 by CMAC447
Here are the files I retrieved from Wireshark. First 2 are from my recursive browsing client. The second 2 are from browsing in UAExpert through the major nodes under Objects. I included with and without opcua filter.
Best regards
Attachments:

More
19 Oct 2018 15:14 #6769 by support
Thank you.

Please have a look here: kb.opclabs.com/Collecting_information_for_troubleshooting . The page has links to articles which detail how to use Wireshark for OPC UA.

From "Assets to collect", I just need #1 (the Wireshark captures). But please *also* make one with UaExpert, so that I can compare them.

Best regards

More
19 Oct 2018 12:47 #6766 by CMAC447
The best option for me would to use Wireshark to capture the communication and then send it to you.
Best Regards

More
19 Oct 2018 07:06 - 19 Oct 2018 07:07 #6762 by support
Hello.

If I understand your reply correctly, the issue can be seen in the "Address Space Browser" window as well. In that case, we do not need to look further into your code at this point.

The cause, however, remains a mystery to me. I will need to analyze the communication between the client and the server (ideally in both cases - with QuickOPC, and also with UaExpert). Here are the options:

1. If the server is PC-based and a demo version of it can be obtained, let me know which server/how, and I will test it here.
2. If your server's endpoint (one port...) can be made publicly available on the Internet, you can expose it to me and I would test from here (can be firewalled so that only allows access to specified source IP).
3. I can send you instructions on how to use Wireshark to capture the communication, and you would then send me the capture files for analysis.
4. If you can disclose the server vendor/model: Next week I will spend on so-called OPC Interoperability Workshop, where many OPC vendors come together and test their clients/servers together. There is a chance that the server will be represented/available there, and I can make the necessary test&analysis there.

Let me know what works for you.

Best regards
Last edit: 19 Oct 2018 07:07 by support.

More
18 Oct 2018 14:20 #6760 by CMAC447
Sorry about that. Attached is what I see in the Address Space Browser. I'm still not seeing all of the nodes I expect. Additionaly, I moved the StreamWriter between the EasyUAClient.Browse and the call to RecursiveBrowse, which did improve the speed somewhat, but did not find all of the nodes.
Thank you for your continued help.
Attachments:

More
12 Oct 2018 16:10 #6745 by support
Hello.

This is not what I have asked for. Please re-read the instructions. The missing part is that you need to invoke the "To Address Space Browser" command.

Regards

More
12 Oct 2018 13:57 #6744 by CMAC447
I just tried your first suggestion and used the Connectivity Explorer on my OPC server. As you can see in the attached image, it does not find the additional nodes under CM100 Data, which is probably why I am missing them.
It's interesting that I can read from the nodes successfully from the client, but I can't browse the same nodes. Anyway, do you have a suggestion for how I should proceed?

P.S. Did I accidentally put my request in "Feature Requests and Product Improvement Ideas" or was it moved there? Sorry if I misplaced it.
Attachments:

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds