Professional OPC
Development Tools

logos

Online Forums

Technical support is provided through Support Forums below. Anybody can view them; you need to Register/Login to our site (see links in upper right corner) in order to Post questions. You do not have to be a licensed user of our product.

Please read Rules for forum posts before reporting your issue or asking a question. OPC Labs team is actively monitoring the forums, and replies as soon as possible. Various technical information can also be found in our Knowledge Base. For your convenience, we have also assembled a Frequently Asked Questions page.

Do not use the Contact page for technical issues.

OPC Client cannot connect to OPCServer

More
26 Aug 2024 09:01 #13062 by lolsh
thank you!
I'll have to do more further testing, but it seems to be working correctly when I tried it.

You save me :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Aug 2024 08:45 #13061 by support
Hello.
This is fairly old QuickOPC version to be realistically supported.

Nevertheless, we have seen similar unexpected terminations related to the use of the 3rd party library (BoxedApp SDK) inside QuickOPC. Please try to disable it: kb.opclabs.com/How_to_disable_prerequisites_boxing .

Best regards

More
26 Aug 2024 06:30 #13060 by lolsh
Thanks for reply

1) which QuickOPC version are you using please?
- I using QuickOPC version 5.41.1036.1.

2) After the program quits, please check (Windows) Event Viewer: In it, select Event Viewer (Local) -> Windows Logs -> Application, and possibly other logs. Isn't there any interesting entry around the time the program has terminated?
-I observed the program from start to finish with Event Viewer, but there were no significant changes. Additionally, there is no extreme congestion in computer resources.

Regards

More
26 Aug 2024 06:13 #13059 by support
Hello,

1) which QuickOPC version are you using please?

2) After the program quits, please check (Windows) Event Viewer: In it, select Event Viewer (Local) -> Windows Logs -> Application, and possibly other logs. Isn't there any interesting entry around the time the program has terminated?

Regards

More
26 Aug 2024 03:58 #13058 by lolsh
Hello OPCLabs.
I'm enjoying your program. But recently found a problem and I can't figure it out.

First of all, I am using Visual Studio version 15.9.59 and .Net Framework 4.6.1.

I use EasyDAClient to connect to the OPC Server, and in debug mode everything runs without problems.
In Release mode, if OPC data is requested through 'ReadItem', the program quits without even performing the Catch of the Try-Catch statement.

So I checked the client connection through the TOPServer program.In debug mode, when 'ReadItem' is requested, the client is immediately connected to the server. However, in release mode, when 'ReadItem' is requested, the client is not connected and the program turns off after waiting.

To solve this problem, I applied
DAClient.InstanceParameters.Timeouts.WriteItem = 12000;
DAClient.InstanceParameters.Timeouts.ReadItem = 12000;
DAClient.InstanceParameters.HoldPeriods.TopicRead = 6000;
DAClient.InstanceParameters.HoldPeriods.TopicRead = 6000;

code, but this did not solve the problem.

Please advise how to solve it.

Thank you

Moderators: support
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds